exhaust setup...too raspy?

• Sponsors (?)

It's definitely from the xpipe. I can't view the video at work. Going with the straight throughs might sound better, but it will still be raspy. To get rid of that, you'd want to change to an h pipe or prochamber.

Jerzey,

Do you have headers? I just put on my Kooks long tubes and I can't tell you how different the sound became with the removal of those ****ty cast exhaust manifolds. I have the cervini side exhaust, so the rasp was right in my ear with the windows down. Quite annoying.

The long tubes made one hell of a difference - I don't have sound clips, no video camera.. Spending too much money on mustang parts.. Otherwise I would post..

Ok, got to listen to it. It's definitely raspy, that's for sure. But it reminds me of a modded 4V. If you don't plan on getting long tubes, and you're looking to reduce the rasp, either change to straight-thru mufflers, or an o/r h pipe or o/r prochamber. I'll have to get a new video of the '05, but mine is not nearly as raspy. The video floating around on the net is before my good tune, so it sounds different now. It's still got some rasp to it, though.

I had the Mac axle back with the O/R prochamber and it sounded like a tin can full of buck shot when I revved it. Sounded great in the low rpm's though.

I have stingers now. Based on my experience and the sound clips on youtube, I say straight through mufflers sound the best on the s197 if your going with O/R exhaust.
Flowmaster basically sounds like MAC with a O/R pipe, way to tinny at high rpm's

Yeah, I was thinking about it, and the prochamber would be just as tinny as the xpipe. You'll either want to go to o/r h or straight thru mufflers. Or, get long tubes.

I've asked this many many times and have never gotten this kind of response. Bassani catless X and Bassani mufflers :notnice: . I dont know if its the SC or not but its raspy and bad in high RPMs. I wanna try something else but it just costs too much money to try a bunch of exhaust combos.

I have no idea what yours sounds like from inside the car, but the video didn't sound all that bad to me...in person may be a different story however. I still need to get a clip of my setup.

i personally don't think it sounds too raspy. actually i was wanting my wife's car to sound like this. right now we are running the stock mid pipe with stingers. it don't sound bad now, it's just not that loud. will adding an o/r x pipe make ours raspy too?

I had the Mac axle back with the O/R prochamber and it sounded like a tin can full of buck shot when I revved it. Sounded great in the low rpm's though.

I have stingers now. Based on my experience and the sound clips on youtube, I say straight through mufflers sound the best on the s197 if your going with O/R exhaust.
Flowmaster basically sounds like MAC with a O/R pipe, way to tinny at high rpm's

I had the same setup with my prochamber...tin can full of buckshot LOL. I switched to SLP LM's because that tinny sound annoyed me.

Everyone tells me it sounds like a terminator now:D

wow thanks for all the resonses guys. sorry no reply till now, finals.ugh. anyways, no i dont have headers and i probably wont be putting them on, but i will try the roush straight thrus cause i dont wanna change out to an o/r h pipe. and that is exactly what the car sounds like in person...and in the cab, well its not loud at all. thanks for all the responses guys. :nice:

i had the same problem off h-pipe w/ flows...then i put headers... it went away!
or you could put resonator's, some other member did that and he said it went away. you have two options, your call! good luck