Pulled the tab /tad

Make sure the vac to the egr was secure

Pulled the chip.

Re pulled codes

Got

81, 82, 85

Running

96 94 44 33

All of these are explained by what is currently removed but the 33 egr code.

The car runs a bit smoother and smells a tad better. So looks like next on my list is checking the fuel pressure and trying to get the egr to work.

• Sponsors (?)

Played this game. Went from a dozen plus codes to no codes. Nothing fixed it till i slapped the oem pipe with cats back on the car. My 01 sporttrac is now catless because of a clog and little heat/ fire in the exhaust. Guess what. Exhaust stinks and burns my eyes

Ok. Any clue what computer this is?

The other pic of the ecu shows a sticker on it. The sticker includes the printing REMFG. I think that stands for remanufactured. If so, it could have been remanufactured to a different spec than what is identified by this pic. I'd try and research the number on the sticker to determine what it is and pay less attention to numbers printed directly on the unit. Those numbers identify what it was prior to remanufacturing

Any clue what o2 sensor harness this is? Was looking for the loop figured that would tell me what computer it was..

Didn't know if it was different cuz of the long tubes. I know they have the extended harness.

Attachments

• IMG_0067.JPG
    IMG_0067.JPG
    422.5 KB · Views: 92
  • IMG_0066.JPG
    IMG_0066.JPG
    326.4 KB · Views: 108
  • IMG_0064.JPG
    IMG_0064.JPG
    422.3 KB · Views: 99
Trying to read up on it. Getting mixed info.

Here are the things I know for sure.

It's a early 88 5.0 5 speed from the factory.

It has a maf swap

Unknown ecm

5 wire o2 harness.

At this point my concern is that my o2 sensors are not working from needing a different o2 harness, but my concern is if I get the wrong harness I fry my ecm.

That jumper has nothing to do with the o2 harness. On the later cars, it's how ford wired the nuetral start circuits. They just placed the jumper in the o2 harness but it has nothing to do with the actual o2 sensors.

1987s are wired differently, so no jumper needed unless you change out the engine harness to a later 1988+ harness

I need to go clean up some of my older posts to reflect latest info

Just pull the kick panel and peek at the sticker on the ECU. You might be able to get at it without removing

That jumper has nothing to do with the o2 harness. On the later cars, it's how ford wired the nuetral start circuits. They just placed the jumper in the o2 harness but it has nothing to do with the actual o2 sensors.

1987s are wired differently, so no jumper needed unless you change out the engine harness to a later 1988+ harness

I need to go clean up some of my older posts to reflect latest info

Just pull the kick panel and peek at the sticker on the ECU. You might be able to get at it without removing
A few posts back I posted a pic of the ecu. The sticker is gone. Not sure how to Id it beyond that.

So I don't need to change my harness or I do? I'm reading conflicting info. I wanna make sure my o2's are working properly

If the wiring was fubar, you'd have a code for every sensor that uses the pin 46 sigrtn

Identifying a stickerlrss ECU however. Not sure that can be done without connecting it to some software none of probably easily have access to

If the wiring was fubar, you'd have a code for every sensor that uses the pin 46 sigrtn

Identifying a stickerlrss ECU however. Not sure that can be done without connecting it to some software none of probably easily have access to
I would assume we can figure it out by process of deduction right? If you can only run a five speed computer with the five-speed harness for the oxygen sensors , that would lead me to believe this is some form of five-speed mass air computer

Ok, so I've solved the codes 15 and 33. The only
Code left to deal with is for the charcoal canister and I think I found one local I'll grab this week.

So what could cause it to run rich without a code?

Things left on my list are

New plugs/wires

Check fuel pressure.

After that what's to check ? O2 sensors?