Exhaust sound comparison...possible?

I think my first mod may be the exhaust before I go with the supercharger. My question is, is there any way to compare the sound of the available exhaust systems? Are there high quality audio clips that we potential buyers can listen to before deciding? I want my car to sound GOOD but not obnoxiously loud.

• Sponsors (?)

streetstang03 said:
www.mustangexhaust.com

registration is required, but it is quick and free :nice:

Not any more. It's non-registration again.

See:
"» You are not logged in. Login or Register MustangExhaust.com » 200+ Exhaust Sound Clips » Sound Clips 4.6L V8 "

Shows me the listings.

MustangJunkie said:
I think my first mod may be the exhaust before I go with the supercharger. My question is, is there any way to compare the sound of the available exhaust systems? Are there high quality audio clips that we potential buyers can listen to before deciding? I want my car to sound GOOD but not obnoxiously loud.

Most on mustangexhaust aren't HIGH quality. I don't think anything short of $10,000 audio equipment can show the true sound of exhaust. I would, however, recommend the Dynomax super turbo mufflers. They offer a deep bass tone at lower RPM's and are virtually silent (little more louder than stock) when cruising on the highway. They also have no drone and are pretty cheap as far as mufflers go. I don't think they sell catbacks though. I've got a few video clips around here if you do a search for my name.

merc123, I'm in the DC area, McLean/Great Falls, VA.

So Dynomax's, eh? I'll try to find out more about them. And I did go to the exhaust website. Very cool. Sure, it's not the best quality sound clips but a rough idea is better than no idea at all. Thanks so much guys. :)

Everyone has flows, but they have perfected the sound on the mustang. Nothing beats that evil deep rumble as you cruise by. (the word "clobber" always comes to mind, dont know why), and they sound amazing at WOT. The sweetest sound is when you go WOT, let out of gear at redline, and let the RPM drop. It emits an evil backlash type sound that makes me want to jizz my pants.

pm me your e-mail -
I have a vid of 3 Stangs lined up side by side w/ flows, Bassani, and a Magnapack CB that take turns reving it up.
Also have some good sound clips of longtubes w/ o/r X, and magnaflow CB (my personal fav)

anyone else that wanst them just pm me also.