Exhaust Sound Question

final5-0

Mustang Master
Apr 6, 2003
DFW Texas
Those of you that have based your exhaust system purchases on a
sound file you heard on the internet .............

When you got your E system all in place ............

Did it sound just like what you heard in your pc speakers :shrug:

Just something I've always wondered :D

Grady

• Sponsors (?)

I went with Dynomax Ultra Flo's because they souned so good on Paul's(killercanary) car. I can't say that mine sounds exactly the same, but I'm very happy with how it sounds. I just wish it was little quieter. Tailpipes should help, which is on my list of parts to buy. :) (along with about 15 other things :lol: )

I went with Dynomax Ultra Flo's because they souned so good on Paul's(killercanary) car. I can't say that mine sounds exactly the same, but I'm very happy with how it sounds. I just wish it was little quieter. Tailpipes should help, which is on my list of parts to buy. :) (along with about 15 other things :lol: )

You only have 15?

Man I cant even count how many I have. :lol:

Grady, if I ever listened to exhaust clips on the computer, I could tell ya.

This is something I've always wondered about though.

if u got someone who got a good recording then yes. a video cam with a decent mic, and u got some decent speakers then it should give u a pretty good idea what the car is going to sound like...but if your taking videos with your digi cam and listening to it out of some labtop/notebook speakers :notnice: i always thought my recordings sounded pretty much like the real thing, ofcourse its a lil different since im in the driver seat

I knew they wouldn sound the same as on teh computer and on my car...I run my comp through my home reciever and I just listened to the tone and maybe my car has the same tone most magnflow mufflers had but mine is barely louder than stock...well my whole exhuast is stock minus the magnaflows...and Im sure the stock h pipe doesnt help with it being so quiet

I knew they wouldn sound the same as on teh computer and on my car...I run my comp through my home reciever and I just listened to the tone and maybe my car has the same tone most magnflow mufflers had but mine is barely louder than stock...well my whole exhuast is stock minus the magnaflows...and Im sure the stock h pipe doesnt help with it being so quiet

Get a catted x-pipe and your car will sound like sex :nice:

Grady -

When I did mine, it sounded NOTHING like I heard on the internet. There are so many variables in terms on how it was recorded, distances to the sound, speakers playing it back. I did mine based on what I had heard at a car meet. Not only that, but people don't seem to get that an HCI car and a stock car will sound totally different even if they have identical exhausts! So when I was comparing clips... you can't just say you have MAC headers, Dr Gas X, and Flows... people gotta mention that its out of a 418 with an 950 carb and 70 hundredths lift cam!

I think the sites are cool and fun to browse, but not useful in practice.

Adam