Exhaust wizzards around???

travis0712

Apr 13, 2004
Missouri
:shrug:
After a few days of the o/r Bassani x-pipe install... I am starting to really get annoyed by the "way too loud" sound - It's what I wanted, but way on the loud side... more or less sounds like a radical backfire on the lower RPMs...

Now WOT - yes, sounds awesomely mean!!! But a casual shift from 2nd to 3rd with a lead foot is just too over done....

I had just 2chmbr flowmasters and they were just too quiet... Perhaps the baffled mufflers are just making extra poping sounds that are driving me nuts and the straight thru types like borla stingers or magnaflows will deepin and mellow out the sound a bit?

I could just put the cats on, but I would rather spend that money on something else....

If anyone knows any advise or someone that does, I am all ears! :hail2:

• Sponsors (?)

Hmm I am def new to the Mustang scene but have you considered Borla Stinger? I have heard exhaust sound clips of it with an X-Pipe and I thought it sounded really clean and smooth at the same time. I know Borla is expensive but from my experience in hearing it, I would assume it would be something to consider as a change.

-Dave

One option would be to have a set of Magnaflow tips installed. Then, buy a set of baffles from Bassani and install them in the tips. They are easily removed if you go to the track and need maximum flow, but will allow you to kill some of the droning on the highway.

But, after you spent all the money on that, you could have a pair of Borlas or Magnaflows welded in. I have LTs, O/R X, and a Magnaflow catback and it is not loud on the highway at all. Accelerating, it is louder but once you reach a steady speed it quiets down.

SonicGT04 - remember where you found those o/r x-pipe with borla sound clips? I am leaning between magnaflow cb or the borla stinger... if that doesn't improve the quality of the sound, deep aggresive growl, then I will have to get the highflow bassani cats installed... the good thing about the bassani x-pipe, it has mid tubes that remove for the cats to be swapped in and out...( I don't have them though, I bought the kit without them, lol )

travis0712 said:
SonicGT04 - remember where you found those o/r x-pipe with borla sound clips? I am leaning between magnaflow cb or the borla stinger... if that doesn't improve the quality of the sound, deep aggresive growl, then I will have to get the highflow bassani cats installed... the good thing about the bassani x-pipe, it has mid tubes that remove for the cats to be swapped in and out...( I don't have them though, I bought the kit without them, lol )

I am pretty sure it was on www.mustangexhaust.com on the right hand side. There should be a section that says Bassani X-Pipe and if you scroll down a little, you will find Borla Stinger and Cat Back w/dumps. Let me know if that is where you found it when you get a chance to look.

-Dave