Exhaust work to be done....

My_Little_Pony

Dec 23, 2003
Renton, WA
I am looking to do my first modification on my car. I am tossing around the idea of exhaust as the first mod. Now, I love the sound of the stock tone to the mufflers. Although, I want more power and maybe a little more sound to it. What is the best way to go? I put straight pipes on my Lightning and that sounded AWESOME!!! That was also a bigger engine then the Mustang. Has anyone run straight pipes on their 4.6 and if so, is it obnoxiously loud? Should I run some sort of an exhaust system? Now remember my car is a Convertible, so it is probably going to get a lot more noise in the interior then if it were a non-convertible. Please, someone help me with this!!! Thanks in advance. :nice:

• Sponsors (?)

I have a convertible and did my exhaust as my second mod with tri-ax being the first

I did the exhaust this thanksgiving (check out my site for pics and stuff) any how I installed BBK LT, BBK X w/cats, magnapack. The sound is awesome. When cruising around at 1.5k-2.5k rpm, you get is soft hum in the car with the window up. I also like driving around under the bridge and punch it there because it sounded awesome there. So, if you like a mean exhaust tone that you won't get annoyed when drive around town, and want it to sound like NASCAR when you punch it, get the magnapack. :nice:

My_Little_Pony said:
Are gears expensive to upgrade? Where do you get something like that done at?
Most perfomance shops can do it for you. Search for gears on the internet to find a good price. www.gefracing.com has some good prices. Then take them to a shop for install. Usually around 175-250 depending where you live.
As far as exhaust, I installed a O/R H with the stock catback. Not too loud and doesn't have that 'brack' sound at WOT. Just a good deep rumble.

well if it means anything to ya. i had a fair amount of mods on my last car that i just traded in & i made a few mistakes building it, being the first one i've really done, so i have a pretty good idea what works with these cars & what doesn't. & my first mod on my new car are 4.10 gears :D fo course the exhaust is going on either the same day, or the next, depending on how much time we have :nice: i'm not saying i know everything about them, cause there are quite a few people that know considerably more knowledgeble than me, but i know that the gears were definately the most notable mod by far, for me anyway