Exhaust

chuckstang95

Nov 1, 2004
Boston
i have a 99 cobra that i bought with just welded in 2 chamber flows. do u know if it makes any difference performance or sound wise, when compared to the full catback... i want to know if it is worth forking over the xtra cash for the full catback. if i didnt like the sound so dam much, id prob just go with a straight through muffler like bassani or something. but if i can pick up a few more horses by just getting the full flowmaster catback, then it might be worth it. thanks

o by the way, i heard that the 99's had a bad flowing exhaust as well, do u know what the culprit was(another words, has my aftermarket mufflers already fixed that problem)? i already had the intake "fixed" as well
thx

• Sponsors (?)

chuckstang95 said:
i have a 99 cobra that i bought with just welded in 2 chamber flows. do u know if it makes any difference performance or sound wise, when compared to the full catback... i want to know if it is worth forking over the xtra cash for the full catback. if i didnt like the sound so dam much, id prob just go with a straight through muffler like bassani or something. but if i can pick up a few more horses by just getting the full flowmaster catback, then it might be worth it. thanks

o by the way, i heard that the 99's had a bad flowing exhaust as well, do u know what the culprit was(another words, has my aftermarket mufflers already fixed that problem)? i already had the intake "fixed" as well
thx

I don't think the exhaust was bad, but they did add a set of better mufflers with the fix to get the HP up. As for the cat back being worth it on our cars I'm not sure. On a 03/04 cobra yes. The HP gains are sick with just a cat back on those guys. I have noticed a slight drop in HP in the lower rpm's and a slight gain up top. It will be interesting to see what the dyno looks like now. I think a cat back is a mod that you use to enhance other mods that you have done or are planning on doing down the road.