Experts on SLICKS come IN!

• Sponsors (?)

hotmustang331 said:
Exacty...just adds about a pound of weld. So I wont be doing it, just more weight and I dont need anymore of that.....

LOL J/K, we will probably do this before the car comes back up.

:lol: :lol:

Ahh hell.. who needs axle tubes anyways! Too much damn weight!

:rlaugh: :jester:.. Just bustin your bawls man! :D

Stang|ess said:
Will a 4.5" backspace work? Found a hell of a deal, but theyre 15x10s with 26x10x15 and a 4.5 BS
I was told to run the 26x10's i needed a 6.5 backspacing.. but im a wheel noobie so maybe someone else can verify :shrug:

well i think you should go with a 8in rim cause with a smaller rim youll have more internal pressure which will hold the bead onto the rim better. a 10 will work fine but youll have that extra 2in worth of weight and also just from experience with my launch off of n2o on my DR's on 15" rims i bogg when i launch at 5000rpms. IMHO your going to have too much traction for to little horsepower.

stangman said:
nope, unless you like them sticking out from the wheel well

by chance are these telestars that you're looking at?

draglites with ET drags :)

Sorry, I meant to say theyre 15x8 with 26x10x15s on them. So since theyre 15x8, a 4.5" BS will work fine?

Stang|ess said:
draglites with ET drags :)

Sorry, I meant to say theyre 15x8 with 26x10x15s on them. So since theyre 15x8, a 4.5" BS will work fine?

it'll be closer, but stick out just a lil. now if you have a built rear end & they built it with a 96-98 rear then it will be a lil better, due to the 96-98 rears being a lil more narrow.

having said that, if it's a killer deal jump on it. you can resell them since it's a chevy backspacing ;)

I'm thinking of switching to 15x8's now.. mostly because I have a friend who wants to sell his and he said he'd give them to me CHEAP.

so here's the question, he doesn't know if they're actually 15x8's (I'm assuming they are cuz he has 275 tires on them right now) any quick way i can figure out all the sizes? like does weld put a model number anywhere?

and if they are in fact 15x8's should i stickw ith 26x10 tires?

well my friend wants 200 for his draglites and has another guy interested in his wheels and tires, so I guess I'm just going to buy them new at go with 26x10's.

So it looks like I also need the tubes and rim screws, correct???

ok so now my friend is offering to sell them to me again (the other guy backed up). He said they are suppose to be 15x8.5" what do you guys think? He said $200 for the draglites and the lugnuts to go with them. Or should I pay like $380 for the 15x10s?

btw, I could really use the extra money because this whole order is tight (money wise)

I'd go the cheaper route to rims and tires.
rim screws if the rims aren't already drilled I would suggest against it. My convo's have rim screws and it is a PITA. Plus it means the only people that will be willing to buy is someone that is going to use them for racing. Much smaller market.