Explorer install update and pics...

TB attached....bolted the throttle cable bracket and thats cool and lines up...

Attachments

• Ex with TB.jpg
    Ex with TB.jpg
    47.1 KB · Views: 398
  • Sponsors (?)

EGR....you can see the mother just touching the VC....i have the block-off plate on...not gonna dub with the EGR, but it looks like everything would line up as the stock upper...

Attachments

• Ex and EGR clearance.jpg
    Ex and EGR clearance.jpg
    41.8 KB · Views: 386
Mac adapter with the TB installed...i had to blend this in some once i opened the throttle blade...overall its a nice sweep thru it...for blending all 3 together....i couldn't leave it mis-matched.... :D

Attachments

• Mac adapt and TB.jpg
    Mac adapt and TB.jpg
    44.8 KB · Views: 318
Ex versus stock ports on the upper....the GT40 is much nicer than the stock one...the lower is the same to boot...these were both gasket matched...

Attachments

• Ex versus Stock ports.jpg
    Ex versus Stock ports.jpg
    43.5 KB · Views: 423
Vac line routing....i lost the vac connector on the stock elbow...i would have to drill the Ex and tap it to get the Vac Tee/ FP/EGR feeds...
you need 4 vac feeds...i gave then all separate feeds...little mod work yet to do routing the lines....

Attachments

• Ex vac routing.jpg
    Ex vac routing.jpg
    42 KB · Views: 253
Ya it'll be running by the weekend...i just wanted to dry run it before i ripped the lower...everything looks sweet....cool i don't have to run the spacer...didn't even want to do that again....
got everything i need minus a few feet of vac lines...

good deal you jumped on those parts.... :nice: you be waiting sometime to add to yours...

Hey Tom...check this pic....whats up with the back cylinders??? everytime i pull this i see the cleaner ports out back???? looks like the fronts get more fuel...
took this one to show you... :D

Attachments

• Tmoss black ports.jpg
    Tmoss black ports.jpg
    64 KB · Views: 294
Yes its oily....it worse this time since the heads went on....maybe its not venting enuf???

Idiot5.0...yes..i been dynoing it all along as i add stuff....hope to get this in before the snow flies....i still gonna be running 19s tho....24s will be on for spring and dyno it again for the dif....

5.0GT ....i have Scorpion 1.6s...never really got to run em...the geometry was off, so i had to run stockers, i have longer pushrods and shims to get it done while its apart for the intake...i like the cam...i almost went the 18, but its a 1.7 cam and i had 1.6s....i'm no guru tho when it comes to cams....the 19 has a nice hit and pulls hard and smooth from bout 2800 on up...got a hellva mid range...playing around in the 70 to 90 range is a hoot....makes passing cars a hoot....roll into it around 70 in 4th and it pulls like crazy...seems like thats the sweet spot...

That looks great and like a lot of work. What kind of gains do you expect from the new upper/lower setup?

BTW - I like the look of the powder black upper.

Off subject: Can this setup bolt on to a stock 5.0 without any internal mods?

5.0GT 4th and 5th are ok if you run it in the lower RPMs....1st/2nd in low RPMs it will buck...i feel some low end is gone with the cam..not alot, but noticable to me...its a trade-off I guess...gears could help this out to..

eap95GT...ya, i would think you could add it no problem...not unlike adding any other a/market intake...good breathing mods to go with it would help, like exhaust...10-15 ponies would be nice from adding it...new injectors should also add some too...we'll see...

The PCV valve vents engine pressure, which normally comes from blow-by. Maybe you added some compression with the heads and increased blow-by some. I wonder why it's showing a bias to being sucked into the rear runners. That would seem to indicate more blow by at certain points in the 8 cylinder firing order. Done any compression tests lately?

Tom....thinking back, my old motor showed the same thing when the upper was removed. that was prior to the heads??? so its nothing new..
look at the original intake i removed...it was pure black all around??? maybe the ports are to smooth..and its causing it... :shrug:

looks like the higher pressure is doing some thing funky....i would think better venting is in order???? have to search around on that.....

Is your as casted??? or did you clean it up any???