Explorer install update and pics...

yes, i had to run a spacer to clear the the VCs with the stock intake, nine on this one..although it would have made things easier...I had to run one fuel line over the top of my TB...just wasn't enuf room for both, again, tall VCs...

• Sponsors (?)

looking good. i think the intake looks good. i wasn't to sure if it would look all that good but those pics proved me wrong. If i find an explorer intake, over time i would probably replace the upper with a cobra or gt-40.

when you get the intake all painted up with the plate on, post some pics :nice:

Updated pics...i just got my engine plaque Roy (saltwaterfish) did up for me...Sweet work Roy...Thanks...
Well i could add that nice pc to the intake, soooo, i broke out the paint for some ideas how to paint it up over the winter....Comments or ideas, good or bad are welcome..

1st one...all Black with Silver end fins....

Attachments

• Ex Pt1.jpg
    Ex Pt1.jpg
    69.4 KB · Views: 199
VibrantRedGT said:
1985 was carb, 1986 was the first year of fuel injection. I believe that plate came of an 86. 1987 was the intake that went to 1993. The plaque could actually come off any Ford H.O motor (Lincoln, T-Bird, etc.).
Cool, yeah I wasn't too sure about that.

Jake

looks good. i like the red in between the fins.

if i find an explorer intake locally for cheap, this is what i would do....

i'd paint in between the fins red tho.

how does she perform now RIO with the explorer intake? Is the computer still trying to adapt?