"Exploring my options" possible budget: $5000

Discussion in 'Classic Mustang Specific Tech' started by streetstang67, Jan 9, 2004.

1. streetstang67

streetstang67 Member

As I posted earlier, I'm trying to decide whether to sell my explorer and mustang to get a good daily driver, or make my mustang into a daily driver. So I'm wondering what all I could/should do to the mustang. If I sell the explorer, I could probably get $5000, so thats a base point and hopefully the budget. Some of the things I want to do are: fuel injection, overdrive, power steering, power brakes, power windows, and anything else you can suggest that would be wanted for a daily driver. But I would also like to make it as fast as I can with this limited budget.
    What are some things that would be needed/wanted for a daily driver that an old car dont have?
    How much would all that cost?
    and, How fast could I make it?
  2. 66P51GT

66P51GT New Member

Given your initial laundry list, you should be able to keep the costs under $5k with these items. If you take your time and do some creative shopping, you can save big $$$ searching the message boards (Stangnet, Corral, Vintage-Mustang) and ebay. Good luck.
  3. Swede958

Swede958 Founding Member

I agree... do some creative shopping, swapping, and searching and you should be able to do that under 5,000$.
    if you can try to get everything off the same car... i.e. pick up a wrecked 90-93 mustang auto. Junkyards tend to let loose things for cheaper in bulk. When you have what you want, take someplace else and get some money for it.

The Swede