extensive motor and drivetrain tech appreciated

sirtat

May 21, 2009
victoria bc
Hello, I have been a member on the site but haven't really got around to posting so I'm not really sure what category I should be posting under..any advice?

I have owned my 1986 mustang since I was 14, so going on 13 years now... My latest journey has been a Dart racing 351W sportsman block bored out to a 408 stroker
I purchased a eagle competition grade 4340 crank, H-beam 4340 rods
(CSR I think) and Mahle pistons makes up my bottom end. bolting on to this are a set of Edelbrock heads 2.02 intake valves machined for o-ring head gaskets, a custom ground compcam with a lift of .608" ,Edelbrock performer polished intake with 42LB inj. Paxton supercharger 12psi and NOS...plus all the electric water pump and msd dist. and all the goodies ;-) where I'm at now is ordering the proper fitting combination of trans, clutch and scatter shield that will fit the BBK 1 5/8 long tube headers that i already have .I also have a centerforce 157 tooth flywheel and a 10 spline centerforce duel friction cluth (I'm pretty sure it isnt going to work with my trans :notnice:) I want a Tremec tko600 trans and I have BBK 1 5/8 long tube headers should I buy the lakewood scatter shield or the ford racing one? the crappy part is I already bought one when i did my last 5.0l with stock trans and im pretty sure i cant modify it to work with the tko ... am I right ?

• Sponsors (?)