F-cam questions

• Sponsors (?)

Those heads won't work with the F-cam. it has little to do with the valves if there isn't any stroke. I kow a few people who run Victor Jr.'s (2.055" intake valve) on 302's. The problem is the springs. The F-cam .512 lift with the stock rocker arms and the springs are only good for .500 lift according to the website. 1.6 rr's will give you about a .530-.540 lift ( I use to have the exact number), but anyway for the price of those heads you could get a set of GT 40's and 400 dollars more gets you Trick Flow, Edlebrock, Brodix, World, AFR. What ever head you by make sure it has a lift minimum of at least .550" The higher the lift, the better the flow.

93 331 GT said:
Those heads won't work with the F-cam. it has little to do with the valves if there isn't any stroke. I kow a few people who run Victor Jr.'s (2.055" intake valve) on 302's.

did they have aftermarket pistons or have the stock pistons cut for those bigger valve. you can use them on stock motors but still need to work on the pistons. anyway, off topic. i heard with superchargers and turbos, that the stock cam is best to use or a specifice boost cam is good because of the overlap being little. meaning you don't lose any boost.

i ran the F cam on a stock shortblock with edelbrock heads 1.90 intake and a procharger.. made good power.. its known for being a good blower cam.. I also had 1.7 Crane rockers so thats around .540 - .550 lift roughly. Just to give you an idea... you should always check piston to valve clearance though before starting motor.