F cam users...couple questions for you.

Mike86Stang

Advanced Member
Apr 11, 2000
Red Lion, PA
I have a F cam in my possesion I may swap out for the Steeda cam that's currently in my car. I may be getting a custom down the line but I think this Steeda is costing me power.

Questions being:
What kind of vac. are you seeing at idle & @ what RPM?
Any RWHP #'s (please post combination)?
Complaints...???

TIA :nice:
Mike

• Sponsors (?)

Mike, I just got one I'm going to use in the 351w going back into the notch(turbo of course)

I know a lot of guys say these fms cams are out dated, but I bet you stick it in there your going to see a noticeable difference.

I'm thinking the same thing, the valve events on the cam are just all wrong IMO (steeda cam). Beside the extra duration on the intake & the narrower LSA won't hurt either. Only thing I'm worried about is a lack of vac. my Steeda doesn't seem to be pulling alot & sometimes my brakes are really stiff.:shrug:

Sorry to hear about the stroker tossing dude, that sucks!:(

I have the B cam on 1.7's which gives it the same lift as the F cam but with 224 durration instead of 226 in the F cam, both have 112 lsa. I get a stiff pedal only if I have hit the brake several times without leting the engine coast. Your vaccume booster should hold vaccume and should be good for a few pumps. Keep in mind that your HVAC controlls are vaccume operated, your vents might shut off when your accelerating.

Thanks for the info 90mustangGT, which bring me to another question.

Just to verify since everyone seems to have a diffrent asnwer the LSA on a F cam is 114 correct? I've heard everything from a 112- 114-110...which one is it?

Anymore feedback on the other questions?

well my f303 cam card. says,
Intake Centerline, deg. ATDC 109
Exhast Centerline, deg. BTDC 119
Intake Duration @.050" .226
Exhast Duration @.050" .226
Intake Open @.050" BTDC 4*/ Close @.050" ABDC 42*
Exhast Open @.050" BBDC 52*/ Close @.05" ATDC -6*
LSA 114
Intake Lift .320 on both sides.
Intake and Exhast Gross Valve lift, .512
Cam has 5* Advance ground into it.

So there you go, that site has the wrong info:)

Xtreme Limits