F/S - 1992 LX 5.0 Convertible. 95k miles - Needs Work.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MustangLX-5.0

Founding Member
Dec 2, 2000
Lehigh Acres Fla.
I am selling my 1992 LX 5.0 Convertible. It is an AOD auto and has 95K miles on it. I am selling because this car needs too much work and I just don't have the time or money to put into this anymore. First off, what it needs work on...

Needs new convertible top bad.
Needs weatherstripping all around.
Needs paint job. Florida sun has done it in and only sides of car look good.
Needs windshield. Windshield de-laminating (glass separating in a few spots)
Needs some body repair to a couple small areas (drain channel for convertible top in trunk has serious rust and leaks water into trunk. And also the body near the passenger side inner fender where the hinges and antenna wire goes in , this area I just discovered recently to be rusting inside. I think, but I am not sure that the leak may be from the corner of the windshield. But in both of these areas, body work and welding will be needed for repair. I will get pics later.
Needs some TLC on interior. Drivers seat losing some foam and is also worn out. But both seats had been re-upholstered 7 years ago.
It has Pony wheels but the paint on the wheels is gone. Once the finish started going bad on them, I started stripping them and had plans to refinish them. I never got that far. So FYI, wheels don't look so hot.
NO A/C. A/C hose got hole in it long ago (some shop messed up my car one day.. long story)

Some of you on SN may have remembered my many many posts constantly having problems with the engine stalling and surging and throwing many codes.I have partially resolved this. The cause of these problems I found out is due to the ECU (Computer) which is located in the passenger side kick panel area, it had been getting wet, from the area on the other side where the antenna wire goes in has rusted. I did not know this at the time but am aware of it now. This is one of the primary reasons I am selling this car.

Now for the good news. I have repaired and replaced many parts on this car since I bought it in 2003.
Has new steering rack and pinion + tierod ends
Completely overhauled the entire brake system. All brake rotors, pads and calipers on front were replaced. Drums, shoes and wheel cylinders on rear replaced. New brake booster and new seal on Master cylinder.
Eibach pro kit springs (lowering), struts and shocks both front and rear. Has Eibach sway bar on front.
MM Caster/Camber plates.
130A 3G Alternator + wiring upgrade.
FRPP 2 core aluminum radiator
All new hoses.
Many sensors replaced.
Drivers side door lock solenoid replaced.
All front headlamps + park lamps replaced in the last 5 months.
Replaced wires and plugs.
Engine runs very well. I never beat on this and trans shifts smoothly except for a rough overdrive shift. It may just need an adjustment on the OD band. Trans has always shifted this way since I bought it. Needs a serious alignment (never done yet). Has some vibration issues while driving due to this.

I have a few other parts laying around as well , including a new back window section for the top (white vinyl w/glass) still in box.

I am asking $1800 OBO. Make offer if you want any of the extra parts I have. Lee county Florida area. Reply to this or PM me if interested.

Lots of pics coming shortly.

• Sponsors (?)

Status
Not open for further replies.