f303 0r b303 camshaft ?

• Sponsors (?)

I got a E303 with 1.7s but I still got the factory exhaust with exception of 2 chamber flowmasters, It doesnt sound really mean it hardly has any hit at all especially when I set the idle above 700. Its the samr in my carb car and my injected car, if you want a mean hit you dont want a E cam.

The F303 will definately have a much more aggressive "lumpy" idle than the B303. The B cam is probably the smoothest idling cam ford offers and still has good performance. The step up from the B, the E303, has a some-what aggressive idle, definately more "lumpy" than the B cam. Then you have the F303 and X303... both "sound" pretty serious at idle and make great power with proper tuning. Hope that helps.

Ant

Will the f cam still have a mean sounding idle at around 950 to 1000 rpms? The b- cam I have now has a decent rough idle now, just wanting something with a more agressive lopey idle and more power. I was wandering if the f-cam is more of what I was looking for? Car is not a daily driver if this helps,dont want to go with f cam if its not going to be noticeably larger so please let me know. THANKS AGAIN RICK

Are you looking for performance or sound?

Modify your exaust to get the full sound out of the cam.

B303 W/1.72's, o/r xpipe, 2 chamber flows dumped.

http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.individual&videoid=1302239057

Notice the idle is above 1000. It's way more agressive around 750/800.

Also I'm not sure If the F would be considered more agressive. I think it kind of depends on what you like to hear. The f has 226 degrees to reach 512" where s the b has 224 to reach a slightly higher 516 (with 1.72's)

Chiet...my car sounds similar to that however I am not running dumped pipes. I still have stock 95 style tailpipes.

I also don't get any power till 2500rpm which leads me to believe I may have an f-cam and not a e-cam. E-cam claims good low to midrange...i do not have that.

i have an E303 in my car and i cant even get it to idle as low as you guys are saying, anything below about 950 or so and it will stall out, any ideas as to where im going wrong here???

Mine used to do that. But I cleaned the MAF, IAC, set the TPS, made sure the air filter was clean, new plugs, wires, cap, coil, rotor ect ect.

Now I can get it to idle low. However every once and awhile it stalls when I put it in gear. (aode)

Mine used to do that. But I cleaned the MAF, IAC, set the TPS, made sure the air filter was clean, new plugs, wires, cap, coil, rotor ect ect.

Now I can get it to idle low. However every once and awhile it stalls when I put it in gear. (aode)
yea ive been through all that except the TPS and the cap and rotor. mine does the same thing with putting it in gear as well, im running a c-4 and when its in gear it just chucks out. maybe i should try the throttle position sensor and an MSD or something??

well my old car had a e cam in it and it cammed pretty hard i have noticed that flow masters dont show the cam sound all that much i have mac exhaust so its is pretty loud since your debating on changing cams check out the tfs1 cam it has a pretty good lope to it allso , allso my e cam made decent power u felt it come in more so up around 2500 but had a killer idle i have the tfs 1 in my car now with 1.6 rrs i have a few videos up the pic quality isnt the greates on some of them but check themm out http://www.myspace.com/93coupe50