Face Guage inserts question

Makdaddymac

May 28, 2005
orlando
Face Gauge inserts question

okay guys maybe im thinking to hard:rolleyes:. but im confused. my 88gt has the 80mph speedo.....i would like to put in white gauge inserts. which all kits only have 140mph on them....so if i install them, which it shouldn't have a problem, correct? assuming i get a proper speedo tooth, will it be accurate?....im guessing that the 140mph speedo face is just less spaced out than the 80mph. basically can i just install some 140mph inserts into my 88cluster and be okay, as long as i have a close as possible speedo gear in the trans.....:shrug:

• Sponsors (?)

get a new speedo head or have your speedo calibrated. probably cheaper to get a new head unit.
or you can stick with an 85mph overlay, but damn I hate pegging the speedo out in 3rd gear.

I got some down time coming up for the holidays so that is one of the projects I will be tackling. the friggin house and kids is eating up all my time right now.

im trying to comapre the two differnt "shapes" and i cannot see it? i know that my 88 and 89's have that housing for the 4 bulbs for low coolant and gas light instead of of being in the center of the cluster......?? i guess this would cause a problem? so basically i need an 1989 dash only? cause arent 88's all 80mph?