Failed Emissions today ...

• Sponsors (?)

Okay we JUST put our GT40P motor through emissions... CT isnt easy. Your best bet is a good stock tune up (timing and FP in the stock set up), oil change, new wires and such, the smog pump hooked up pumping air right into the cats, and all the emissions controls hooked up. We had the EGR disconnected and it passed, but not without a bit of work!

They mentioned it, but told us they would run it, but wanred us it probably wont pass... Funny the owner was nowhere to be found when it passed!

CT used to be a sniff test only, but now I guess there is a visual as well. Either way we got it through, now my car with LTs is next!

Alrigth well i couldnt make it bcck today, but as soon as i can find the time in between jobs, I am going right back down to my buddy at the emissions center. Today's readings were:
HC's 85 Limit is 60 (this is how close i was to passing)
CO% was .08 limit is .32
NO 532 limit is 700
The HC's were around 425 and my CO level was at 3.2% so I already popped off the throttle body and cleaned out all the deposit (something i should have done in the first place) and i checked my timing, which was stock. So when i go back through i should be all set.

Alright im done. I CANNOT pass emissions. I have failed 5 times so far, and now im done trying to pass. I have decided I'm just going to get around it. My dad lives in PA and the county he lives in doesn't require emissions .. sooo my mustang will soon be driving around with PA tags. It could end up being a bad idea if the cops want to bust my ass but i think I'll be fine.

Yup tried it. Did exactly what i was supposed to. Then i put in Lucas FI cleaner. Then i seafoamed it. I'm all out of ideas. I'm sure it COULD pass somehow. But im not gonna get frustrated over it anymore. I'm just gonna cheat the system i geuss.