Failed Emissions

Mirrahasmycar

Apr 2, 2005
CT
My dad had to take my 00 stang in while I was away and It failed CT emissions, My dad said he didn't get to watch, and the guy said he couldn't plug into the diagnostic port or something, does that even sound right? I only talked to my dad for about a minute since I have finals this week, I wasn't shooting any codes so he most likely failed my car on inspection, or didn't know how to use his machine and sniffed it,

• Sponsors (?)

Mirrahasmycar said:
the guy said he couldn't plug into the diagnostic port or something, does that even sound right?

I have the exact same thing happen to me last year... when trying to get my mom's minivan to pass emssions. In my case, for some reason or another, the minvan's computer woudn't talk to the technicians computer. He failed it just because of that, and neither me nor my dad wanted to mess with that mazda, so just took it to a local shop and asked them to get it to pass emissions. Whatever they did, it worked.

thats what i'm thinking, i'll be home thursday late, so I'll have to take a look at the report, I think my dad just took it to some idiot though, I'm going to put the stock H-pipe on friday and go get my free retest

Mirrahasmycar said:
thats what i'm thinking, i'll be home thursday late, so I'll have to take a look at the report, I think my dad just took it to some idiot though, I'm going to put the stock H-pipe on friday and go get my free retest

Hey, from South Dakota here. WTF is this emissions test you speak of? :rlaugh: :lol: :D :banana: :owned: :flag: :spot: :nice: :rlaugh: