Fair price for the 67 restomod?

stangonline

Feb 22, 2003
What would be a fair price for the car described below?
It's got a lot of nice parts but the body needs some attention as does the general build quality (wiring, scraped up headers-too low, maybe a leak here or there)

67 Coupe - Blue:
Full Global West suspension with tubular A-arms and Koni shocks in front. Del-alum greasable bushings, performance springs, and adjustable Avo shocks in the rear. The motor is a 331 inch stroker with a modern roller cam built by DSS. Performance parts include AFR heads, Edelbrock manifold and fuel pump, Ford E-303 cam, Barry Grant demon carb, Canton 7 quart oil pan, March Performance Pulleys Surpentine System, MSD electronic ignition and distributor. All engine fasteners are ARP stainless steel. The transmission is a Tremec 5-speed TKO 500 with Centerforce Clutch and stainless billet flywheel held by ARP bolts. The driveshaft is chromemoly with over built U-joints. The rear-end is a custome 8.8 posi unit built by Curray Ent. with 3.73 gears.The engine bay and entire underside of the car has been detailed and painted gloss black. All bolts are stainless or grade 8. The radiator is a Griffin aluminum big-block unit with dual fans. The interior is completely redone in black with Flo-fit seats, black carpet, and white headliner. The custome brushed aluminum dash uses all Autometer gauges. Steering comes from a Flaming River rack and pinion unit and stainless steering column. There is also an Autopower rollbar and modern 3-point retractable seat belts.

356 rw horsepower at 5300 rpm and 376 rw torque at 4300 rpm.
Magnaflow stainless mufflers and Dr. Gas Xpipe

The paint is acceptable but not perfect as is the exterior chrome. The body is straight but has two small rust spots that should be repaired before a repaint. The had been repainted but not to high quality standards. The wheels are 16 x 8 vintage wheelworks and look terrific on the car with 255s on the rear and 225s on the front.

The driver side window has loose barrings and slides down fairly easily, can be pushed down easily.

The trunk has no mat and is all metal. The trunk hatch does not stay up for a long period of time.

Attachments

• 13.jpg
    13.jpg
    12.9 KB · Views: 136
  • 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    18.5 KB · Views: 146
  • Sponsors (?)

He's asking quite a bit more than that. The offer I have in mind is over 11k though. What is it about the car that you feel makes $11k a good offer? I'm not questioning you - just asking your opinion :)

A quick add up of some of the parts puts just the parts over $11k

its just a 67 coupe. The cost of the parts does not add a straight value to the car. If you sink $10k on engine work into a $5k car, it will seldom make the car worth 15k.

That car does look nice, has good mods, and the mods appear to be well executed. If I were looking for a car exactly like that, I might go as high as 13k. But to me, in my area, 11k would be a good buyers price. Prices do seem to vary with location, so.....

Depends what you're going to do with it. If you wanted to buy a good 67 coupe and then put all the go fast goodies and suspension upgrades in yourself, you're talking 20 - 30K.(over 10 in parts in drive train alone) 302 Coupe is right though it's still a 67 coupe. If it's a car you'd want or do yourself, it's probably worth upto 20K.

When it comes to resto mods people are either gonna love em or hate em--not much in between.