Fairly new to working on my Mustang.

i personally think SD is good - i dont think the previous injection (CFI?) was well liked.

SD was used on foxes through '88 (except Cali). i have it, and like it. but since you are SD, it means you can upgrade to Mass air in the future w/o huge headaches. it is good!

• Sponsors (?)

OK. Did not do much today, had to install a dishwasher....grrr

Anyhow, with my father in laws help, I cranked the car.... he removed the starter wire from the solenoid as I cranked it, it ran as long as I was on the gas.

OK. Got back into this tonight. Bought an EGR Valve, TPS, IAC, and a ignition switch. Replaced them in that order.... The ignition switch was bad... What led to to trying the switch was the fact that my head unit was not powering when the key was pre-start. Who know.... oh well... now on to the tuning and modification of the car....

Suggestions?

nice work - glad it is fixed!
suggestions for what? mods? what do you want to do? i think gears are nice if you dig acceleration. S/C would be nice too! :)

S/C = supercharger. :)

when you think of something to try, search on it in here and you will learn a lot about the pros and cons and what brands work, etc. i do that when contemplating a new part. :)

Read read read whatever you can. You will find a lot of conflicting information, but eventually you will be able to make up your own mind on things. BTW, SD stands for speed density, which is the method your car uses to determine how much air is flowing into the engine, hence how much fuel to deliver to the cylinders. Cars after, 88 was it? I forget, use MAF-Mass air flow, to determine the same thing. The difference is basically that the SD cars' ECU has difficulties dealing with bolt on go fast parts, while the MAF cars have an easier time. And yes, you can convert your car to MAF to reap the benefits.