Fall Pictures With Plans for the Winter...Going Turbo????

That is nothing but vicious rumor. The Boss block can support up to about 363ci, and that not only includes the 4.125" bore, but also the 3.40 stroke crank (common 347 stroke).

Not that I'm trying to cause a stink, but I keep hearing this misconception more and more.

The reason you are hearing the "misconception" is because there is a lot of truth to the statement

im not trying to cause a stink either... you can stuff a 3.4 crank in a boss block but the actual cylinder bore is shorter. So when you see ford saying "no clearancing for stroker cranks... less machine work ect." It is because the made the bores shorter and because of this shorter bore it pulls the piston skirts out of the bore. so yes you can do it but the block was not[/] designed for a 3.4 crank, if it was you would see 363 boss motors instead of the big bore 331's. I've seen this in person and my engine builder has been doing this for around 20 years so i think by now he knows his ****

you cant believe everything a magazine says, they have to support the aftermarket. How would it look if they denounced a brand new ford block?

• Sponsors (?)

he's asking if all he had done was get it drilled for lifter hold-down or is it fully machined and ready for assembly. all the bores come undersized so the purchaser can have it machined out to whatever size pistons and crank they choose. the lifter boss' need to be machined too.

The reason you are hearing the "misconception" is because there is a lot of truth to the statement

im not trying to cause a stink either... you can stuff a 3.4 crank in a boss block but the actual cylinder bore is shorter. So when you see ford saying "no clearancing for stroker cranks... less machine work ect." It is because the made the bores shorter and because of this shorter bore it pulls the piston skirts out of the bore. so yes you can do it but the block was not[/] designed for a 3.4 crank, if it was you would see 363 boss motors instead of the big bore 331's. I've seen this in person and my engine builder has been doing this for around 20 years so i think by now he knows his ****

you cant believe everything a magazine says, they have to support the aftermarket. How would it look if they denounced a brand new ford block?

I have heard the "shorter cylinder bore" argument before, and it seems to make sense, but I also read that Ford did extensive testing and had no issues with it, even after a full season of racing one of the blocks with a 3.4 stroke. And if it was really an issue, why does FRPP sell a crate motor Boss 347 with a 3.4" stroke?

Haha, and believe me, I know how much a magazine will play kiss ass with aftermarket manufacturers.

how did you get everything to fit in frt with no rubbing. I just did the UPR coilovers and I have like a 1/4 inch from the tire and I'm running 245/45/216 on ponys. How much space do you have.