fan brackets?

• Sponsors (?)

hey im doing the same thing just posted about which controller to use.guess i should of read the posts. anyway sorry i can't help with the mounting but i will be interested in the replys you get. by the way what controller are you using or going to use?

i have read a few posts were people use the push trough type rad hangers, not to sure about those! alot of weight and possible vibration from the fans. also they put the shroud tight against the rad. what about rugging a hole in it?

use the push through ziptie like kit that's made for mounting an electric fan. Go to lowes and get some 1/2" wide weatherstripping (kind where you peel off the white backing to expose a sticky surface) and stick it all around the edge of the fan. That protects the fins of the radiator as well as make sure the fan sucks through the rad instead from around the plastic.

just finished mine today, nice and sturdy.

Attachments

• fan.jpg
    fan.jpg
    169.3 KB · Views: 55
Long time lurker but I thought I would respond...

Think about how the stock shroud mounts at the bottom in the spring clips. I went to lowes and picked up some metal brackets 1.5" wide and about 3" long. I cut a two slits with my dremel tool on the bottom of the contour fan shroud. One above each location of the factory spring clips that the factory shroud uses. Then slid the metal brackets into the slots I just cut, mounted them to the contour shroud with nuts and bolts. Then slid those brackets into the factory clips, then at the top I used the zip ties to pull it tight at the top. The shroud is mounted so that it is flush at the top with a gap(bottom part of the radiator exposed) at the bottom. The brackets takes the weight off the zip ties so that the zip ties can do their job pulling it tight.

Barry