Fan Clutch

jcp123

Nov 1, 2003
Tyler, TX
We've got extra discounts at work the next three days...so methinks I'm going to get a fan clutch. Right now I have the stock steel fan mounted on a spacer.

1. What I can get through work is a Torqflo #922710 clutch, listed as the stock replacement for a c-code 289 (what the car was originally). Do any of you have experience with Torqflos? I've never gotten a customer complaint about a Torqflo product, but better safe than sorry.

2. Upon cursory glance, instructions say to remove the radiator (eek). Is that REALLY necessary? I've had that fan in and out of there on that spacer a few times, and didn't find it necessary to remove the rad, although my knuckles didn't think it was terribly amusing.

3. Stupid question...do I need a fan clutch wrench?

• Sponsors (?)

I had a clutch fan for a while. I'm sure you could yank one out of a 5.0 in a junkyard somewhere and use that. I think I may even have a clutch fan lying around somewhere. I can't remember if I through it away or not. if you really want it I can try to dig it up next week. Why not go to an electric fan ?