fan comes on when cold

driftin luke

Mar 17, 2003
I just noticed this the other day, whenever I start my 98 GT the electric fan comes on and as far as I can tell stays on until the car is turned off. The temp gauge reads in the middle of the heat zone and there is no overheating problems,any suggestions as to what is going on?

• Sponsors (?)

its either ac is on or your drivers side temp sensor is unplugged or bad.. your gauge might be reading fine because the passanger side temp sensor is only for the gauge.. hope this helps..

Heres the latest

I let the car sit overnite and then drove it, while driving I turned on the a/c for about 5 min. I then turned it off when I got home I popped the hood with the car running and the fan had turned off. Maybe there was a glich in the system and running the a/c cleared it. I bought this car used and since I got it its done strange things from time to time. The only reason I keep it is because its black with leather and Im told by other stang guys that its very fast for a stock car.The only thing Ive done to it is put in an Air Hog air filter and switch to 5w20 oil(motorcraft filter of course). I'll keep you posted.