Fast blinker light

Stark77

Jun 11, 2008
Tallahassee, FL
It's an unseasonally chilly morning here, and I had this problem last time around winter. When I signal left with my blink, it blinks rapidly instead of waiting for the full sequence (have the sequential harness soldered on). When I signal right, no issues. Anyone else have this issue? Any way to correct it?

• Sponsors (?)

It's an unseasonally chilly morning here, and I had this problem last time around winter. When I signal left with my blink, it blinks rapidly instead of waiting for the full sequence (have the sequential harness soldered on). When I signal right, no issues. Anyone else have this issue? Any way to correct it?

see if one of your bulbs is out....thats what i usually means. if not enough resistance is detected in the circuit it flashes rapidly to tell you to change a bulb that is out.

thats why its a pain to run LED bulbs, leds draw less current and make the system think there is a bulb out...so it blinks fast unless you put a resistor in.

Not running LED bulbs - standard bulbs configured to turn in sequence (inside, middle, the outside) on the tail lights. When I hit the brakes, the tail lights light up at normal speed. When I hit the turn signal to indicate left hand turn, it goes super fast. It only happens when it is cold, and after a few minutes of driving (heating up) it returns to normal speed. Front blinker and tail lights are both blinking very quickly. Right hand turn signal indication moves at regular pace. Hazard flashers move at regular pace.

It is a bad sequential turn signal piece...I used to have the same issue with mine...except it was all the time...I replaced it.....worked for a while...then had to replace it.....Went to a different company...no problems since..

I don't know how long yours has been doing it...but mine started off periodically, then increased more and more until that is all it would do..

I honestly don't know which ones I had...I had these years ago when they first came out, before they were made by bigger "commercial" companies.