Father-in-law wants me to find him a vert...

chgovfk

15 Year Member
Apr 17, 2007
AZ
My father in law loves convertibles - has a complete zero in mechanical abilities - but I like him and agreed to find one for him - he wants a mustang vert - now I'm here in AZ - convertibles are all around - most have high miles - or need a new top and /or seats ...which is typical - but he's really cheap - not bad cheap - but I'm looking at or under $10k - which isn't too bad - he has complete faith in me when it comes to mustangs ...so I told him he should get a car that I would like to own ......

But my wife says he should get a an 05' and above - the older years are too dated -:confused:......and $10k - even for a 6 cyl isn't gonna happen on an 05' and up - I like mustangs with as low of miles as I can find -

Found an 89 lx 5.0 locally - w/true 22k original miles / original owner - true AZ car - white w/white top - red interior / auto - "mint" (Dave you would love this one - it's ur colors) - at $8k -

...what do I say to my better half ? - she gets all freaking upset about it - now granted this will sit under a car cover in the midwest - he's driving it back home - probably drive it for a few years etc etc ......but I'm getting a little selfish - I told him if he buy's it - I'll buy it back from him as long as he doesn't wreck it - does that make me a bad person?

• Sponsors (?)

The guy just deleted the post - it's sold - he said someone was coming today to look at it and he had to honor that request - it was nice - I would of posted the link .....as for an 05' convert for under $10k - no way unless it has a 100k on it out here / beat to poop and it's a 6 cyl - or like an ex-rental - w/no options - typical below in the link - and I'm not spending $10k on a six banger - w/high miles when I can find something w/under 50k - had a sweet 1999 GT red anniversary w/black top / two tone interior / stick w/45k on it - but they wanted $12k Camelback VW dealer the link isn't showing any pictures so it's probably sold - you have to jump on the nice ones fast...........

http://phoenix.craigslist.org/wvl/cto/3567966453.html
I agree happy wife - happy life - but she doesn't know Anything about cars especially mustangs - hasn't even put gas in her volvo once since we've been dating / married (that was 7 yrs ago) - I'll 'take' the 'hit'.....:leaving:

Yeah - the red interior I guess would grow on me - remember this is for my 60+ year old father in law - he wanted an auto and is a hugh fan of music - like from the 60's / 50's so he wanted one with a tape player?...:confused: - this kinda fits the bill - the only thing I may do is put 'pony's' on it -......well there's this one and I found a cobra vert - has 113k - but it's a one owner - AND look at the freaking price - $7k :eek:.......then as I'm looking.......look what I found for myself - a 1997 cobra w/6800 original miles - .....not a fan of the tan interior - but 6800 miles - ouch - I maybe hitting the bank as well .......

http://phoenix.craigslist.org/evl/cto/3559591352.html

http://phoenix.craigslist.org/evl/cto/3544397579.html

"Screw it. If you don't buy that car , I will. That is one beautiful drop top. A real time capsule. You can always remarry"
"That is one clean LX! I hate the red interior generally, but damit, that thing is beautiful in and out!! Oh wait, it has gray floormats, that is a deal breaker"
You guys had me laughing out loud at work here

The guys description of the 1997 white cobra vert - after I emailed him -

Car was purchased by myself and girlfriend brand new in Ohio, drove it off the showroom floor, stored in the winters, moved to las Vegas, then to Arizona. It was delivered to Vegas via truck. The.vehicle has been babyed. Seen rain only a few times. Clear title, only one owner myself. No one else has ever driven the car myself. An yes I am an adult.. lol..

No accidents ever, only.damage to the outside is got caught in a wind.devil in Vegas an it blew plastic trash cans into the door, a few small indents in the door barely noticeable, but can be taken out. Convertible top has a tear in drivers side, not all the way thru. Its the mustangs second top, I had some idiot stick a.knife thru the original. Original top was white, got black it. looked better. Air conditioning needs charged, never use it. Side tank on radiator has a small leak, side tank needs replaced, an the sensor for the abs is bad. Light is on for it doesn't affect brakes.Other than that the.car is beautiful, the interior is perfect ill take a picture of it for you, black leather, an the Cobra white dials. Mach stereo system cd player with six speakers, loud.

Car has never been abused, or raced. Tires are 200.00 each an they are pretty new, I'm guessing around 1500 miles on them if that. New clutch, belts, an a.fee hoses. They did a recall on the tranns when I first got it, an I had the 410 gears put in it. All electric works, rims are original but no real rash on them. Again keep in mind it is a 16 year old car an i considered the miles to be low for that old of a.car..

All work on it was done at a Ford svt dealership, except after I left Ohio, oil changes an the top, an clutch replacement. It runs like the day I drove it home. Book on it was around 9, but hence the few repairs the reduced price of the vehicle, out of work an medical issues is the reason I'm selling it. Its been my.child since 97, I hate to see it go. Thats about all I can think of for now.. ill take some pics of the interior Tom. An send them to u.

I spoke with him on the 89 LX - .... I said look... what would you take bottom 'balls' no haggling BS if I brought cash .....he thought that was refreshing .....came down to $7,800.00...:jaw:.......I'm going to buy it if the father in law likes and it checks out.........