Favorite year: 99-00 or 01-04?

Hey guys,

I'm going to be back in the market for a mustang again soon and I'm trying to decide which year to focus on.

Obvious differences would be the body pieces, cd changer, transmission etc.

Budget will probably be between 7-10K depending on my exact finances in a month or so.

What would you guys go for?

• Sponsors (?)

99-00 with spoiler moved back :nice: plus no T/C which is GREAT!!

or a 96-98 with a PI head/Intake swap :drool: :drool: :drool: those are the best looking but not sure how easy it would be to find one with the swap already done

99-00 with spoiler moved back :nice: plus no T/C which is GREAT!!

or a 96-98 with a PI head/Intake swap :drool: :drool: :drool: those are the best looking but not sure how easy it would be to find one with the swap already done

my 99 has t/c :shrug:

also if you like the hood scoop and side scoops on then get an 01-04, cheaper than finding the parts to add them on later. it took me awhile to find deals on wrecked cars that were black already

Well that's a pretty wide range of opinions.

I don't care for the 96-98 body style very much. Obviously the performance of a cobra would be nice, but I'm really attached to the new edge body style after having my previous '99.

I do love the look of the 99-00 spoiler moved back but i also like the look of the scoops. Decisions decisions.

My 04 was my favorite car so far (premium DSG gt). It was quick and in perfect condition....

*** walks away sulking and hating thyself for selling it ***

I do like my 98. It seems that you either love or hate the 96-98's. Get a 98 if you happen to get one of these years. (you can get them with return or returnless style fuel systems). They have obdII on them and can be tuned like the 99+ cars. 96-97's can only be done with a chip.

Anyway. Its all about personal preference. Obviously the trans difference between the new edge's. The t45 is a godo trans and seems to have a LOT less issues than the 3650. I personally like the 45 better for shifting but my 3650 was much quieter.

Well that's a pretty wide range of opinions.

I don't care for the 96-98 body style very much. Obviously the performance of a cobra would be nice, but I'm really attached to the new edge body style after having my previous '99.

I do love the look of the 99-00 spoiler moved back but i also like the look of the scoops. Decisions decisions.

Well it looks like you have the hood scoop for sale alreeady...just keep it.....if it were me, It wouldnt matter 99-04. Only differnece to me is the wing and hood and wheels. All of which I would replace. New Hood, wingless, and a set of wheels wil fix any of them. I would look more for a unmolested car if thats what you want, or a modded car if thats what you want, or low miles, if thats what you want. I wouldnt get hung up on the year. Id buy a 99 with low miles before I bought a 02 with high miles?

Yea that's a good point, I'm not looking to buy someone else's headache.

I think it comes down to the CD changer (something I loved on a previous car) and the transmission. I've had the T-45 and I had no issues with it. All the problems with the 3650's scare me....