Favortie Oil???

• Sponsors (?)

I'm confused. My car calls for 5W20, and the only company I found making that was Motorcraft synthetic blend. I'd so much rather run Castrol Syntec, I love their stuff. I ran Syntec Blend in my 150k mile 302 and never had issues after I switched from conventional crap. Can we use 5w30? I'm still new to the 4.6 world lol...

I'm confused. My car calls for 5W20, and the only company I found making that was Motorcraft synthetic blend. I'd so much rather run Castrol Syntec, I love their stuff. I ran Syntec Blend in my 150k mile 302 and never had issues after I switched from conventional crap. Can we use 5w30? I'm still new to the 4.6 world lol...

I use 10w30 Mobil 1 Full Synthetic ....

Mobil 1 makes synthetic 5W-20 because that's what I use in my Mach. I don't see why other companies would'nt make it also.

:Word:
Ever since Ford and Honda started calling for 5w-20 in their cars, oil companies started making oil in that weight. But you can still use 5w-30; Ford called for this weight ever since the 4.6L was introduced. They only changed the recommendation because of CAFE reasons.

Back on topic: I use Motorcraft synthetic blend because it seems to be the best oil for the money.

:Word:
Ever since Ford and Honda started calling for 5w-20 in their cars, oil companies started making oil in that weight. But you can still use 5w-30; Ford called for this weight ever since the 4.6L was introduced. They only changed the recommendation because of CAFE reasons.

Back on topic: I use Motorcraft synthetic blend because it seems to be the best oil for the money.

Thats right....... its like.... buy 6 quarts of motorcraft get a 12 pack of miller lite
free :D