FDAF Assessment, what is that and why did i pay $240 for it?

• Sponsors (?)

I just placed an order the other day and nothing like that is on my order. You need to ask as it might be some kind of advertising fee that the dealer charges. Im guessing you bought an in stock vehicle right?

The dealers are NOT allowed to add the FDAF onto X plan orders. It is already included in the X price. Under X the dealers are NOT allowed to any other charges such as paperwork fees, etc.

FDAF is Ford Dealer Advertising Fund. It is on every production vehicle made by Ford. The pricing varies from vehicle to vehicle as long as the equipment is different. The X-plan pricing is completely different. The only time when a non X-Plan member does not pay for it is when it is an order unit. I am here to help. :spot:

Every car, including X-Plan cars has this. It's included in teh price of the car, therefore, you don't always see it, until you examine your DORA. If you look at the invoice price on ford's website, then compare it to others like Kelly Blue Book or NADA, you'll see that the invoice prices are off by $240.00.

05PhillyStang said:
Do a search for the follwing post for more clarification:
Ford.com has higher invoice than Kelly's, NADA, etc?

We discussed this about a month ago. The difference in invoice prices between KBB and Ford.com is that Ford.com has the FDAF added in.

If you are working off of invoice price, the dealer will want to add in any and all of their expenses like FDAF, factory gasoline charge, etc.

If you are buying at sticker or negotiating a discount off of sticker, you should NEVER have these fees added in. They are built into the sticker price. But I'm sure that there are some dealers out there who will try to add these fees in twice.

FDAF Assessment

Hey 351CJ and 05PhillyStang, it seems like you two really know your stuff about this. I am about to pre-order a 2011 Ford Explorer and I just received one quote and it had the FDAF on it as a separate line item in the amount of $683. From reading the things that have been posted so far, I am getting the impression that this is a bogus fee. Is that correct. Looking forward to a reply. Thanks!

Holy thread revival Batman!
:lol: :rlaugh:

Indeed...

As to the last question, the price has probably gone up considerably over the past 6yrs. Still, $683 seems excessive to me. On the other hand, $240 did...

Best wishes on that '11 Explorer. Nice LOOKING ride, but I'm not happy with the changes... No more frame, no V8 option... Kinda like a standard FWD car. Oh, and that's the final reason I don't care for it... Standard FWD... I despise FWD! When I nearly crashed a few days ago, I bet I would've without my RWD included.

Thread_Necromancy.jpg