Fed up with crappy 4.6

BanginStang97GT said:
I have M/T et streets, 26x10.5x16'' on factory wheels but I rarely use them because of the torture they put on the car
Time to bolt/weld in a set of battle boxes! I think there are actually some diagrams on how to make them floating around on here somewhere too. As for axles....the stock axles will usually take a fair bit of punishment, but in the rare event that you do twist one a left axle from any year ranger will work just fine as a replacement. :nice:

• Sponsors (?)

BanginStang97GT said:
Man you guys are asking a lot of questions lol.
Upper and lowers are Mac.
I know that my 60ft is not good, im really not a bad driver. I have timeslips with 1.9 60ft's on my 18's. Im going to run the slicks but Im afraid to launch it had in fear of tearing the tourque boxes or snapping an axle.
I need a dyno tune im aware of that, what do they usually run? 600? Also the boost guage is hittin right at 9lbs at almost redline.

On a side note I had the bearings in my altenator go bad today so it seized up on me. Ive never seen that before. I the bearing went bad and allowed the shaft to slip back farther into the armature causing the pulley to rub the caseing. Easy fix though because our altenators are right there on top.

Oh yah to who ever said they wanted my car $20,000 and i will drop it off to you lol. It just turned 50,000 miles the other day :'(

How much horsepower should I put out with a tune?

I would think you could be somewhere in the neighborhood of 325-350 to the ground with a good tune.

I've seen 96 GT's with the same mods and a good tune running mid 12's...you simply can't drive...not with a 2.5 60ft...you had to be lighting those tires up!!!

How are you shifting down the track??

Also those 18in tires and 3.73's aren't a good combo

DTMach1 said:
I've seen 96 GT's with the same mods and a good tune running mid 12's...you simply can't drive...not with a 2.5 60ft...you had to be lighting those tires up!!!

How are you shifting down the track??

Also those 18in tires and 3.73's aren't a good combo
:stupid: The tune point has been driven well enough...so i think its best to look at the 60' times. There is no way in hell your car should be running 14.4 I ran a hair under 14.7 on my pretty much stock 96 with the bolt-ons in my sig and drag slicks. i think its simple if you got a 1.9 60', you are not used to the s/c yet and cant get it to hook. Loose the 18s get slicks it makes a huge difference. Dont worry about breaking things...do you power shift? thats something that can save you a load of time. if you do...is your clutch slipping? i know even with my pathetic 190 rwhp my stck clutch was slipping and that kills time too. work on the sriving and you will be in the 13s....get it tuned and high 12s will be there.