Fed Up!!!

droptopsnake01

May 12, 2004
Ok sorry if this sounds childish or whatever but I am sick of all these Mach 1 drivers thinking that their cars are so Badda**. Point given they are faster but by .3 so In my book that is not enough to talk crap over. Also I have never lost to a Mach 1, on the street (never raced one on the track), and the best I can pull at the track is a 13.8 (only been once). So if they are so fast then whats up? Sometimes I wish my car had a solid axle, If they only knew.

P.S. I'm going to go ahead and say sorry to the administrator for this thread. I just had to get it off my chest.

• Sponsors (?)

The Mach 1s have the benefit of learnng from the 99 mistakes and the 01 improvements. :shrug:

Such is the the way ... with each year cars will inherently get faster, stronger and perform better.

To tell you the truth I dont like them b/c the wheels are ugly I still dont like the shaker hood and the spoiler is a different color that the car and the exhaust pipes are rounded. But im sure some mods can fix that. Whatever.

I think they have a reason to be cocky, their cars are faster than any pre 03 cobra stock. I'm sure 03+ cobra owners feel the same way over anyone else. I would bet the 99 and 01 cobra guys feel the same way with the 96-98 cobras. I have never met any cocky mach 1 or 99-01 cobra owners. Some of the 03+ cobra guys on the other hand I can't say the samething though.
It all comes down to doing something about it. You can either open up the check book and buy some serious mods or just don't give a crap when somebody starts talking smack.

I think being cocky is more the person not the car . I've met many pricks with all types of cars . I like when they talk crap it's amusing and sometimes the stuff they say is almost rediculous . But hey who cares take it in one ear and out the other . I tend to not hang out with the my stuff is better type of people .

I agree, it's the owner, NOT the car. I disagree about MACH1 owners being cocky. I've been able to talk to them without them giving me any high and mighty attitude. If anything I found some 03-04 Cobra owners are a bit cocky. I was driving next to one last week and I looked over at the guy driving to give him a nod and he wouldn't even look over at me. :rolleyes: However, I think Saleen owners have got to be the worst. Maybe their just pissed off that they paid to much for their cars and they aren't as fast as they thought they'd be. I'm not trying to start a pissing contest, but this is just from my past experience with Saleen and a Cobra owner. The way I look at it, we all drive a Mustang, reguardless what's under the hood, even v-6's! :nice:

GT JAY said:
The way I look at it, we all drive a Mustang, reguardless what's under the hood, even v-6's! :nice:

What about us I4 guys :( :D

I think its because of people with poor aditudes that makes a certain car group look bad. I see people in cars I could beat on foot with this type of poor aditude also. Its a defect in some people's Gen pool I guess :D

Speaking of Machs...has anyone else noticed them rolling around without a rear spoiler on the trunk? I got a group of them here that has taken the rear spoiler off there car and hasn't replaced it with anything else. I guess this is a way of shaving weight :scratch:

GT JAY said:
If anything I found some 03-04 Cobra owners are a bit cocky. I was driving next to one last week and I looked over at the guy driving to give him a nod and he wouldn't even look over at me. :rolleyes:

So what they wouldn't look at you . It doesn't mean they are cocky . I mean if people in your city drive like they do where I live you need to keep your eyes on the road at all times .

ElectricGreen99GT said:
So what they wouldn't look at you . It doesn't mean they are cocky . I mean if people in your city drive like they do where I live you need to keep your eyes on the road at all times .

Even at red lights. We met up at atleast 2 or 3. I would have raced him from a dead stop, but he didn't even look over at me to see if I wanted to. From a roll I know he would have crushed me. From a dead stop with my gears and him having an IRS, it would have been fun.

Most everyone around here where I live reguardless of what kind of 'Stang you drive will at least give you a nod or a thumbs up(myself included). I think he thought he was king $hit because he was driving around in a Cobra. Funny thing is, he looked like he was about 19 or 20 driving around in daddy's car. :rolleyes:

RydeOn said:
Never heard any Mach 1 driver thinking he is badder than any other mustang driver. Plus, Machs are sweet so I dont see the big deal.

I agree. Every Mach 1 owner I have seen, has been a man in his 40's or 50's. They have all just nodded, or waved to me, they don't want to race, they just want to drive. I have not had any problems in this area.

If you've never lost to a Mach1 and you only run 13.8's at the track, you have been racing automatic tranny Mach1's...There are bone stock 5-spd Mach1's that have run in the low 13's, and basic bolt on ones that dip into the mid to high 12's...

I think they have the right to brag a little bit...They are the fastest Mustang ever produced besides the 03/04 Cobras...

missouri_guy197 said:
If you've never lost to a Mach1 and you only run 13.8's at the track, you have been racing automatic tranny Mach1's...There are bone stock 5-spd Mach1's that have run in the low 13's, and basic bolt on ones that dip into the mid to high 12's...

I think they have the right to brag a little bit...They are the fastest Mustang ever produced besides the 03/04 Cobras...

I agree.You gotta give credit,where credit is due! No doubt about, the new MACH's are definately BADD A$$. I've seen 'em bone stock with just DR's running hi 12's at the track.

Like missiouri_guy197 said.Either you've been racing auto's, or people who don't have a clue how to drive a manual.

There are jerks that drive any and everything, which includes a fair share of Cobra owners as well. The Mach 1 guys have what is to be likely the final version of the 4.6 DOHC V8 and its obviously been improved upon. I don't have any problems myself acknowledging that fact. However, the n/a Cobras (while not as quick stock for stock) have something special about them witht engines being hand assembled and the block being Italian made which the Mach guys can't say. Plus, there's the IRS...either a blessing or curse, depending on who you ask but it undoubtedly makes it a unique Mustang.
Now if I were a bit younger, I'd probably buy a Mach and I tell you why. A lot of us 01 Cobra guys got something that few other Mustang buyers have ever got...Quick turnaround on equity in our cars thanks to the 0% financing and the fact that Cobras do not depreciate as quickly for whatever reasons. Because of this, I could sell my car, pocket the equity and buy a new Mach at a really good deal with great financing. The downside is of course starting payments on a new loan and for some reason around here, it seems Machs depreciate at a quicker rate than Cobras...at least from my own observation.

Traveler said:
The Mach 1 guys have what is to be likely the final version of the 4.6 DOHC V8 and its obviously been improved upon.

I'm trying to understand this...Ford is Xing out the DOHC 4.6L infavor of the 3v 4.6L :scratch: The 3v heads flows better than the 2v heads I'm sure but do they really work that much better than a 4v head :shrug: Is Ford/SVT going to install a different motor in the 2006 Cobra etc? Or is Ford/SVT going to use the 3v heads on the Cobras etc the same as the GTs ?

missouri_guy197 said:

I love it how somebody always assumes that the reason why a car would win a race is b/c the car it races is auto or the driver is bad. I've been to the track once, and it was my first time, I ran a 13.8. I am pretty sure my car isn't a 13.8 ride. But I have yet to lose to a Mach 1 on the street. I guess my car is just a good street car. :shrug: