Fender Clearance

sen2two

I've been lubing and pulling it all morning
Jul 18, 2013
So its a simple job to roll the inner lip of the rear fenders for some clearance. And a bit more work to do some stretching and pulling to fit wider tires (which I have not done yet). But when you need that little extra, does cutting the rolled lip off and stretching the fender a little more sound like a bad idea?

My rear suspension is pretty soft and rubs bad when I hit any kind of bump in the road. I can't even ride with anyone in the car without MAJOR rubbing problems. And a full tank of gas makes it even worse.

The tires are 295/50/15 on 10.5" Draglites. I am not 100% sure, but i think the backspacing is 6.5"

Anyone here cut the inner lip out and do some stretching to fit your tire without rubbing?

• Sponsors (?)

Focus on the rear shock mount. I run 315s on a 10.5 rim and a .25" spacer. Fender clearance is fine. All my rubbing is inside the well.

Reactions: 1 user
I did it on my Ranger when I put 19's on it and tucked them in. Just be sure to paint over the fresh edge so it doesnt rust over time. Also, be careful not to leave a sharp edge to slice your tire sidewall if it touches. If you just roll it, tape over the outside fender paint to help it keep from cracking.

I don't want to do it if it's going to look stupid. That's my main concern.

Example: Hella-flush civic stretched fender look.