Fender Lips

• Sponsors (?)

I used the roller type and it wasn't easy, the fender wants to flex since there is nothing stopping it from bowing out. The fender appears to be double layer anywhere that there is a tab for adding fender trim so I had to bend that with a rubber/poly mallet.

Looks like a good DIY idea but I think my forearms would be worn out after on fender with the new tool, only clamps ~1-2" at a time. I would think you would still need to heat the lip with a heat gun so the paint doesn't crack when you crimp it also so you'd have to keep heating it a lot as it would take a few minutes to crimp each time, by then the next piece will have cooled.
Jon

The Fender Finisher works with the wheel on the car and bends a fender lip in from a 90° to 180°so it won't cut a tire. It works by gently squeezing a little at a time, working the area of the fender immediately above the wheel back and forth until it is flattened. Attempting too much at a time will cause distortion.
The Fender Roller bolts to the hub and will form and stretch the entire wheel opening. You need to heat the paint to about 120°F or so to avoid cracking it when using either tool.
An IR Thermometer works well for monitoring paint temperature.