Fender question with pics

My driver front fender sticks out futher then my driver door does. Had a guy from a body shop just look @ it briefly and he said it looked like the molding got hung on something and pulled the fender out some. No biggie he said they will fix it when the paint it.
Well I noticed another GT with the same deal, blew it off. I have another one @ the shop where I work, it's an 89GT convert. I know this car very well, im the one that does all the service writing for this customer, anyhow I noticed his fender the same way, on all 3 occasions the pass front fender sits flush with the rest of the car.
Question is;;; have we 3 just hit something, or do others on this site have same deal.???:shrug:
I know that we have found on the Camaro's if you dont jack them up correctly from the front it pushes the fender out almost the same way. Could that be the same case here??
pics as follows.
MINE
DOOR002.jpg

MINE AGAIN
DOOR001.jpg

89GT CONVERT
View attachment 389357
ANOTHER VIEW
View attachment 389358

Any thoughts??:shrug: :shrug:
Thanks "GT"

• Sponsors (?)

I have the exact same problem. When I first got the car a few years ago the guy I bought it from said that a shop had jacked the car in the wrong spot. I always hated how it looked but never did anything about. Most people didn't even notice untill I said something. And now, I just hate looking at it day after day.... Anyways, this is very common for fox mustangs and I posted a thread on this maybe a month ago, you might want to look it up.

What you want to do is look under the car, there is a fender bolt maybe four/five inches from the wheel well, it is covered by the splash shield but should be visible. When first looking at mine, you can tell that this was where the jack must have been put because the bolt wasnt as visible and the metal was crimped upward. It wasnt even possible to use a socket or wrench on the bolt cause it was crimped up on the bottom of the car. So, I had to take a vice grip(which someone who posted in my thread suggested) and pry the metal outward. Also loosen the top fender bolt which is located between the door and car- get to it with the door open. After using the vice grips and loosening the lower bolt, the fender seemed to move in by itself(you can then push it in)..... This almost fixed the problem and you don't know how happy I was. However, I couldn't get the fender to line up perfectly because there was more damge near the bolt. The metal of the fender near the bolt had seperated from the bottom of the car. So I will need to get that welded first, then I'm sure it will all line up perfectly. I hope this helps..... Although mine isnt fixed completely it looks a million times better than it did, and seeing it everyday doesnt hurt as much. Here's a link to some pictures of how mine turned out and where the bolts are. In the picture titled "fender bolt 2" you can see where I will need to get it welded.

http://www.photos.yahoo.com/ras50gt

Originally Posted by 85_SS_302_Coupe
Whatever you figure out, when you go to line it up, line the door up with the body, and then line the fender up with the door....not the other way around.

- Did you try what I said? The problem is the fender not the door. As you can see in the pictures he posted, his door lines up properly.

Originally Posted by 85_SS_302_Coupe
Whatever you figure out, when you go to line it up, line the door up with the body, and then line the fender up with the door....not the other way around.

- Did you try what I said? The problem is the fender not the door. As you can see in the pictures he posted, his door lines up properly.

No I haven't tried it yet. I will next time I bring it to the shop for an oil change. I go into work on my Saturday's off to do any work needed on my Stang, Explorer, or wife's LHS.
Your right thought it lookes like the door is lined up correctly. Thanks for the info and I will check on next service.
And I was wondering if the previous owner may of rubbed something, or did the WIFE DO IT WHEN SHE DROVE IT!!!!!!!:mad: :mad: :p