few car show pics

skunk21

May 22, 2007
Taxachusetts
I brought my '91 out to a small show out in Athol Ma. I like to do some of these small little shows to support local charities and have some fun. It was the 1st time my stang has been to show and the responce was really good. Lots of great comments and plenty of folks talking about remembering these things back in the day. Funny how when you tell them its a 1991 people don't seem to pick up on the fact that it is 20yrs old, they think it was like only 10yrs ago :shrug:. Mine was the only fox but like I stated it got alot of traffic so I was overall very happy. No big trophies or classes or anything just a few best of but I don't trophy hunt and dont really care it's more fun for me.

I took a few pics nothing big I don't take 100 pics but anyways..

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

• Sponsors (?)

I love shows where you can park on a nice green lawn. Neat variety of cars too. That Eleanor / Super Snake hybrid is one of the nicer I've seen. Wonder if he has some more pics of that car online?

Thanks for posting pics. Where in Athol was the show? I would have brought my LX.

It was at silver lake park, I guess they are doing it again next year same time maybe we can head up. if I find something decent I'll pm you, I'm also a member of mccne and we do 5 shows a year ourselves starting of with the show at mustangs unlimited in june. We are also hosting the national MCA 3day show next year I'll be giving info on that once everything is worked out but it's going to be pretty big.

I like how everyone had a cardboard square underneath the engines. My car would probably need it, but you have to figure that some of the "Lawn Chair Nationals" types would have a heart attack if they thought their car actually leaked oil. HAHA!

Your car looks great though man! And if the show supports a charity, I'm all for it. Good to see that.

*Edit* I also wonder if the nitrous bottle in the back of that Shelby has ever been filled...

I like how everyone had a cardboard square underneath the engines. My car would probably need it, but you have to figure that some of the "Lawn Chair Nationals" types would have a heart attack if they thought their car actually leaked oil. HAHA!

Your car looks great though man! And if the show supports a charity, I'm all for it. Good to see that.

*Edit* I also wonder if the nitrous bottle in the back of that Shelby has ever been filled...

Thanks for the compliment. I didn't look to see if the bottles had anything in them. It was an older guy that owned it easy in his late 50's early 60's. heard him talking to a guy.. almost s**t when he let it out on how much the car cost. lets just say 6 digits.

Thanks for the compliment. I didn't look to see if the bottles had anything in them. It was an older guy that owned it easy in his late 50's early 60's. heard him talking to a guy.. almost s**t when he let it out on how much the car cost. lets just say 6 digits.

See, thats what I don't like. If you are going to spend THAT MUCH money on a car and even go so far as to put nitrous on it, but never drive it - only bench race at the car shows with other guys with the same problem, what is the point?

I was at a car show by my house called the "Spring Fling". As far as I know, it was for a local charity as well, which is cool. Its even cooler that the old men with said cars and deep pockets contribute to it heavily.

It is just a certain breed of people that are attracted to those types of events that bother me. You have the old men listed above, using their deep pockets to try and relive their youths while they think they can talk to you condescendingly because you don't have a mint hemi 'cuda or '69 GT500KR

Then you have the people who don't own cars, but will gladly tell you about their buddy's S-10 with a 355 or their neighbors big block so-and-so that makes 9,000 million horsepower and can't be out run.

Or my favorite - when they walk up to your Mustang and say "Nice Camaro."

Those of us like I bet 99% of the forum attract just love to drive their cars and turn the wrenches on them. They are the rare breed that out of every 50 people that walk buy your car will ask a truly legitimate question and you will enjoy spending 5 minutes with them swapping stories. Kudos, brothers and sisters.

But I want to repeat - I applaud these events for supporting charities and such. I'll continue to go and buy raffle tickets and laugh at the people who say "nice camaro".

Once again, I dig the paint job. I can only hope my car will be that clean one day. :nice:

Sorry for the rant, also...