few mods what do you all think???

lx5.0maine

Banned
Nov 18, 2010
Im ordering new heads, im was wondering what you all though would be the best heads to get ?? I have cai,an cat back magnaflow, what ones be the best for my other mods im adding at the same time, im ordering a kenne bell supercharger, long tube headers,xpipe, an aluminum heads, what kind of headers an xpipe should i get to run with the kenne bell? what kind of hp gain will i get with full pipes,cai,aluminum heads,kenne bell supercharger, also doing 42lb injectors, new 90mm mass an few other odds an ends let me know what you think?????

• Sponsors (?)

Im ordering new heads, im was wondering what you all though would be the best heads to get ?? I have cai,an cat back magnaflow, what ones be the best for my other mods im adding at the same time, im ordering a kenne bell supercharger, long tube headers,xpipe, an aluminum heads, what kind of headers an xpipe should i get to run with the kenne bell? what kind of hp gain will i get with full pipes,cai,aluminum heads,kenne bell supercharger, also doing 42lb injectors, new 90mm mass an few other odds an ends let me know what you think?????

Trickflow or nothing. Patriots are ok, but from what I hear they are nothing but stock heads ported. The Trickflows are what you want.

Honestly, you would be better off getting some forged rods and pistons instead of heads. If you are definately getting a Kenne Bell sc, then that by itself is capable of producing more hp/tq than the stock rotating assembly can handle. Add a good set of heads to the KB and it would be absolutely pointless because you would be limited to around 450ish rwhp anyway.

Honestly, you would be better off getting some forged rods and pistons instead of heads. If you are definately getting a Kenne Bell sc, then that by itself is capable of producing more hp/tq than the stock rotating assembly can handle. Add a good set of heads to the KB and it would be absolutely pointless because you would be limited to around 450ish rwhp anyway.

^ very good point. You can have the biggest, baddest supercharger and pop the internals faster than the other people :rlaugh:

Forged rods will snap just like any other rods, just not as quickly. If you go to the other v-8 web sites, my statement will tend to seem true.
The trick is preventing the early detonation, that only alone will destroy any piston on the market. So deciding what is the highest octane that is available is necessary. Some places have 93 and 100 plus, some only have 90 octane.
Unless you do the work your self, your looking at somewhat around 3500 bucks for a complete engine rebuild.
In my honest opinion, keep the stock heads if your gonna go with forced induction, because more then likely your gonna damage the heads when the piston is destroyed.
Not IF but when, And maybe a cam for desighned for a forced induction. Cams are salvagable.
Heads aren't cheap. Good Heads that is.

If you're going forced induction, I'd spend the money on beefing up the motor.

Built motor + KB on high boost >>>>>>> Low boost + heads + short engine life

so what you all are saying is i should get a forged engine first then puth the kb on?? can i buy a forged 4.6??? I have 10,000 to spend 5k was going to go towards the kb...

so what you all are saying is i should get a forged engine first then puth the kb on?? can i buy a forged 4.6??? I have 10,000 to spend 5k was going to go towards the kb...

Yes... check out MMR's short blocks. You should be able to use your stock heads and cams with the KB and be plenty happy with the power.

awsome deals on the short blocks, question what one should i get???? like i said will be full pipes,kb,tb,cai,new intake of some sort, what kind power will one of these blocks make with all the bolt ons, a good tune,an the keene bell of course?????? thanks

will the kenne bell put out 15psi, what do i just gata get a smaller pullie for it? thanks for the help, least this way i can build my motor an what not an not have to much down time, when i get the motor an kb in the car what do i have to do as far as the computer goes? i know i need new maf 90mm new injectors, anything else i should buy why im at it?

will the kenne bell put out 15psi, what do i just gata get a smaller pullie for it? thanks for the help, least this way i can build my motor an what not an not have to much down time, when i get the motor an kb in the car what do i have to do as far as the computer goes? i know i need new maf 90mm new injectors, anything else i should buy why im at it?

KB advertises the 2.1L kit as 6-14psi. If you want more you are going to have to look at the bigger size (2.6L) and you will have to change a couple things:

'99-'04 Mustang 4.6 2V 2.6L Competition Supercharger

You can either run your car at 400-450rwhp and not upgrade anything in the shortblock. 2 schools of thought. Most guys, like myself, will push the limits of a stock block and not upgrade until it explodes. However, this is the more expensive way to go in the long run. The reason is, when the motor goes, a lot of time, it takes out the valvetrain/heads with it. If you have a built shortblock from the beginning, you are less likely to blow the motor. Your choice. There was a guy at the Corral many, many years ago that got 200,000+ miles out of his boosted 2v.