FFW Ennis 2007 Launch Picture

Redsnk95

Founding Member
Feb 3, 2002
Houston, TX
Here is picture of the car in Round 2 qualifying, I ran Street Bandit and made it to the semifinals. My two round wins were both hole shot wins, .002 and .015 lights on the pro tree. Next year I will have the power problem cured. I could only manage some low 10.80s in the 95 degree heat. I got some new suspension toys to play with this winter along with some weight going into the rear bumper to help the car 60ft a little better.

194446.jpg

• Sponsors (?)

That's a great pic Troy!!! I can't wait to see how the new parts work for you. Offtopic: how much MPH do you pick up from the 1/8th mile on and what does your car weigh if you know? You can PM me if you want.

Thanks Paul. After the brake swap the car now weighs 3150lbs with my and 1/2 tank of gas. I am going to try to get the car scaled this winter to see what I need to change. I generally back half the track 23.5-25 mph. I hover around 99.5-101 in the 1/8 and 124-126 in the 1/4.

I bought a set of AFCO springs, they now make a stock style spring that will lower the car but retain a good spring rate (as compared to a cut stock spring). The spring is a 225lb rate spring. I am going to test a different set of upper control arms that are traditional as compared to the relocated arms I run now. And yesterday I found a set of used AFCO double adjustable bolt in shocks so I am stoked about trying those out, they will replace the Strange single adjustables. I am going to mess with some ballast weight, going to pull the foam out between the bumper and rear bumper cover and try to mount 40-50lbs there to help the car 60ft a little bit better. Basically I will be starting over in the first 330ft of the track...lol. I just want my 10.50 and then I will pull the motor out for the new cam, springs and pistons.

Thanks Paul. After the brake swap the car now weighs 3150lbs with my and 1/2 tank of gas. I am going to try to get the car scaled this winter to see what I need to change. I generally back half the track 23.5-25 mph. I hover around 99.5-101 in the 1/8 and 124-126 in the 1/4.

I bought a set of AFCO springs, they now make a stock style spring that will lower the car but retain a good spring rate (as compared to a cut stock spring). The spring is a 225lb rate spring. I am going to test a different set of upper control arms that are traditional as compared to the relocated arms I run now. And yesterday I found a set of used AFCO double adjustable bolt in shocks so I am stoked about trying those out, they will replace the Strange single adjustables. I am going to mess with some ballast weight, going to pull the foam out between the bumper and rear bumper cover and try to mount 40-50lbs there to help the car 60ft a little bit better. Basically I will be starting over in the first 330ft of the track...lol. I just want my 10.50 and then I will pull the motor out for the new cam, springs and pistons.

I'm jealous!!! :D I wish my car was that light!! I'm just not willing to give up all my heavy accessories!! :nice: What kind of 60's do you run?

Without loosing street comforts there is not much out there. I have no A/C, no P/S, lightweight manual brake setup with no ABS pump, Kirkey aluminum seats, no rear seat, light weight Bogart wheels, fiberglass hood....which all contribute to the weight loss but are not much fun on the street.

I still have ALL of my street stuff (AC/PW/PL/PS/power seat) I've got mine as about as light as you can get without stripping off the creature comforts. I know seats is a big place to drop weight. I put my power drivers seat on a scale one day and it was 50lbs. Light weight wheels and tries are another good place. I think each front wheel was 53lbs (17x9 cobra R & 255/45r17). My race wheels and tires are only like 15lbs I think. Same with the rears. all together I bet I stripped over 100lbs off the car in just wheels and tires. Weight placement is another big thing. Move your battery to the trunk. Put a tubular K-member in it. Wheels, tires, battery relocation, and k-member with some suspension will make a huge difference at the track. Rear seat deletes are a good place to save weight too. The rear seat is HEAVY! Anything past that and you'll have to be sacrifice some of your street comforts for weight loss.

My car weights 3500 with me in it and 1/2 tank of gas in race trim. You do also have to remember that my car has some extra stuff like the roll bar, scatter shield, and aftermarket block. Those 3 items in themselves add probably 200-250 pounds to the car.