Fiberglass body parts on sale

393 Boss

Dirt-Old 20+Year Member
Dec 24, 2004
HU
I just thought I would post that Maier has a fiberglass sale on till the end of oct, I ordered the imsa/monroe body kit for the mustang II for $1260 USD along with a bunch of other goodies today.

http://www.maierracing.com/

705464_8_full.jpg

705464_9_full.jpg

• Sponsors (?)

hey i went to thier web page nothing for the mustang ii that i could find... is this something you have to ask for? because i would really like a monroe front air dam

YUP, for anyone thats interested you have to call them up for info. I have some of Maiers old catalogs that has the Monroe stuff advertised in it but there seems to be lots of stuff that I see in there old catalogs thats not on there web site.

Don't forget SALE ends end of october

Do you know what all is in the Monroe Handler kit? I know it comes with a front valance/spoiler and a bigger spoiler for the deck/hatch, but what other parts are there? I asked the manufacturer but they said that although the kit is still available, they have no photos available, and gave me a contact to order the kit. (makes me wonder if it is available why is it such a secret?)

Not sure what you mean by secret?, there are lots of pics all over the net with these kits on them. When I get my kit and parts I will post some pics of all of it. I have worked with many of Maiers and other fiberglass parts over the years. I have found there stuff to be good if not better than most others. The Monroe kit has 7 parts... 2 fenders, 1 front valance, 2 quarter skins, 1 center deck lid rear spoiler, 1 rear valance. For all my stuff including the monroe imsa kit it will take 4 to 6 weeks + shipping. I am guessing you phoned the suspension dept, the fiberglass dept has a diffrent number 510-581-7600. Just a note, most kits like this are not for beginers and should be left to a bodyman or qualified person to install. looks like Maier has also extened there sale.

Lots more monroe pics here. http://www.mustangii.net/photo_scans_handler.asp

393 Boss
How much longer did they extend the sale?
I have a 77 Cobra thats is rust free with a few dents that screaming Monroe handler.Motors a V6 auto(not for long),white/blue stripes,white interior,got it cheap.

My parts came in on monday, no problems with the shipping, got 3 boxes in total, parts were all in plastic rap . The monroe handler kit came all in one box about 6ft by 2-1/2ft by 1-1/2ft. Everything looks good, glass quality is good and is what I expected. Boy now the real work will begin lol, again most fiberglass parts are not for beginers to install and are best left to a bodyman that has worked with glass. Overall I am really happy with everything.

im003597mp4.jpg

Attachments

• im003597mp4.jpg
    im003597mp4.jpg
    7 KB · Views: 220
i hate to say this but those parts in the picture are not " monroe handler" parts for a mustang ii. they look like parts for a shelby mustang like maybe for a 1969 year. sorry to say that:shrug:

You are correct, I also ordered a shelby front end and other parts for my machI that I am going to finish converting. The mustang II Monroe kit is sitting in front of and beside the shelby hood in the pic.:D

The new plan for the monroe II kit is for a tube frame, maybe a "super gas" extended wheel base style chassis with 14 inch wide wheels with M/T 29X18.50-15 tires on the rear and 6" wide wheels on front. Also possibly a flip front end for a blown 393 cleveland with C6 or posssibly a clutch C6. the look I am going for will be simular to this model pic. I want to try and keep the weight at or under 3000pounds rtr.

705464_25_full.jpg