fiberglass hoods

Dennis you have a sweet looking car, grats man, good job.

Thank You. :) It took me 9 solid months of work to get it to this stage--including stripping the whole car to bare metal, replacing the cowl vents, and a doing a 3" mini tub.

Roofandcowlsandedbare010.jpg

Trunkpainted016.jpg

Paintjobdone018.jpg

If interested, a complete record of this work can be found here:

http://www.fordmuscleforums.com/makin-progress/500588-65-mustang-gt-body-restoration.html

• Sponsors (?)

I purchased mine from KAR. I didn't think it was too bad. Perfect no, but it's fiberglass.

Photo1995.jpg

If I remember, I'll send another picture soon. My car is getting painted Hot Rod Flatz Black, today!!!
:banana::banana::banana::banana::banana:

I`m not getting much feedback like I had hoped, looks like choices are meiyer racing (I`ve heard nothing but bad about those guys), K.A.R (has bad rep but could be because they were selling meiyer stuff before they tooled up), and Brownlow, which at $650 is still looking like the best option. If any one has anymore input before I hit the buy button let me know. Thanks.

Reactions: 1 user
I have a meiyr racing hood on my car. The fitment wasn't even close. Had to widen it on each side and cut it half way down the hood on the driverside due to it being to low in the center. We had between 50-60 hrs in bodywork to get it to look descent.

Well I just bought the 65 shelby hood from stangaholics, they build to order so yall will be hearing from me in about 3 weeks, happy or mad. FYI, the hoods they offer with the steel frame are dynacorn, not made by the same guy that makes their solid fiberglass peices...