Fiberglass Hoods?

arcwcb

Oct 26, 2009
Pennsylvania
I'm maybe gonna check out a Cervini's 2.5" Cowl Hood since you can get it shipped pre painted. Does anybody know if there is a big difference in looks from the stock metal hood to an aftermarket fiberglass hood (paint depth, color, shine, how long the paint stays looking good, etc.)? I like the looks, but I don't want something that will look funny because of the different material used.... It'll be on a black car, so it has to be a perfect match or it will REALLY stand out. Thanks!

• Sponsors (?)

It will depend on who paints the hood I would think. I have a Steeda fiberglass hood and had it painted locally. They paint color matches perfect and the paint quality is better than the factory paint. It matches the rest of the car great, but if you get close you can see that there is a lot less orange peel to the paint. You can not tell that the hood is fiberglass by the way the paint looks.

If I did it, I'd have it painted by Cervini's since they offer it pre painted for an extra $300 or something. Would they do as good a job as yours got locally or would it just be a mass produced, quick paint job?

I have the Cervinis Type IV Ram air hood and the paint is nice and deep. I am fortunate though since they are only 25 minutes from my house so I went there and they matched my paint.