Finally A Member of the 10sec Club

04YELLOWGT

Jun 29, 2005
Indiana
Well I went to the track Wednesday night with good hopes and they finally paid off. LOL

I ran 10.85 @ 128mph with a 1.71 60'

Sadly I washed my jeans with all slips in my pocket. :( I text a buddy all my times so thats what I have to go by now.

First run (BEST RUN):

60': 1.70
1/8 ET: 6.9
1/8 MPH: 99.63
1/4 ET: 10.85
1/4 MPH: 128.19

SECOND RUN:

60': 1.81
1/8 ET: 7.1
1/8 MPH: 98.95
1/4 ET: 10.91
1/4 MPH: 127.35

LAST RUN:

60': 1.76
1/8 ET: 7.05
1/8 MPH: 98.99
1/4 ET: 10.89
1/4 MPH: 127.85

I'm soo happy. My car is finally running right and running strong. Im so mad at my self that I washed my slips though. I seriously almost cried when I pulled out the shredded paper from my pockets. LOL

I think I'm going to throw on a set of ported heads this winter and some spray and see what she does.

• Sponsors (?)

Nice. Do you need a diff. class license to run those times? Or a cage?

You need a cage hence the only reason I made three runs, got booted the last run. LOL I was so happy to get kicked out of the track!

One guy came up and asked me what the tech guy said and I told him I got kicked out for running too fast. He goes, " Man thats f***ing awesome!"

That is one thing that sucks now, I'll only be able to get 2-3 runs in before getting booted. I really don't want to put in a cage and most likely won't. I sucks driving anywhere from 1.5-3hrs one way and now I can only make 2-3 runs. LOL

Awesome dude! I knew you would get that thing rolling hard :nice: Congrats! You need a bigger stall and a brake to launch that biyatch in boost and cut some 1.5's :D

Which track was this at btw?

HAHA yea I know! I was pretty happy with those 60' though. Those were the best I ever cut. I went 1.85 once before but usually was in the 1.9s.

I'll just spray instead. :eek:

I ran at Martin Michigan.

Man, must not have been an NHRA track. You run 11.499 and they boot your ass. You get one shot and bye bye. Awesome times man.

It is an NHRA track. They warned me the first run, then warned me the second run and then booted me the third. I was talking to the one of techs before the track opened and he told me hed try to let it slide as much as he could. After the third run he said he had to kick me out because one of the other tech guys was complaining. LOL

I think I could have got maybe a few more tenths out of it though. The car would launch hard and then would spin pretty good on the 1-2 shift and chirp hard on the 2-3 shift. Plus it was kind of missing on the way up to the track. It has been getting worse the past couple days so I just threw some new plugs in tonight and she runs like a champ now.

Was that on the ET street radials? You should get a set of ET streets (bias plys), they will really help you launch harder and they will wrinkle before they spin so you're launch-330' times will drop. On an auto basically you can stall up and just go and not worry about feathering into the gas to control spin (on my manual its just 6150rpm, dump clutch, go lol). A bias ply will also help a lot more when you add spray to the mix ;)

Was that on the ET street radials? You should get a set of ET streets (bias plys), they will really help you launch harder and they will wrinkle before they spin so you're launch-330' times will drop. On an auto basically you can stall up and just go and not worry about feathering into the gas to control spin (on my manual its just 6150rpm, dump clutch, go lol). A bias ply will also help a lot more when you add spray to the mix ;)

Yea it was on the street radials.

Im going to pick up a set of the ET Streets on some Weld Pro Stars for the reasons you listed, plus my MTs are shot (you can see the threads in the tire) and I need a taller tire (28) so Im not shifting into OD before crossing the traps.

My dog ate my homework.:rlaugh:

Good job on a new best.

I had a 1.66 60' and Trapped 129 but only manage a 11.2. I wonder what is happening between my launch and the traps.

The first thing I would have did was take it out of my pocket and scanned it. show it the Family, and stuff like that. Did you run the GT500?

I have added:

An 8 rib,
8" IW 18% overdrive crankpulley
Electric wp
Patriot stage 2 heads.
Mondo Bypass

I get tuned next week I hope to get into the tens then.

My dog ate my homework.:rlaugh:

Good job on a new best.

I had a 1.66 60' and Trapped 129 but only manage a 11.2. I wonder what is happening between my launch and the traps.

The first thing I would have did was take it out of my pocket and scanned it. show it the Family, and stuff like that. Did you run the GT500?

I have added:

An 8 rib,
8" IW 18% overdrive crankpulley
Electric wp
Patriot stage 2 heads.
Mondo Bypass

I get tuned next week I hope to get into the tens then.

HAHA Yea but its more like my washer ate my homework. LOL

Usually they I put my slips in my center counsel but it was full of crap and I had the slips out texting some friends my new times so I just threw them in my pocket.

When I got home it was 11:30 at night, I ate, showered and went to bed since I had class the next day. I threw my jeans with the rest of them and when I got home after class I threw the load in the washer. :mad: I looked for my slips later that day and couldn't find them, and then I got a sick feeling in my stomach because I knew where they were. LOL

I haven't ran the Shelby yet. I wanted to take it up the next time I went to the track but now I can't since I have to a get a 10sec slip again. I know I ran it but I just like having the slip, well I have the slip but its in about 100 pieces.

Dude your car is sick though. I always compared my car to yours since we had similar setups and I wish I could have got a 129 trap like you. With the new mods your car is in the 10s without a doubt. I looked into the IW crank pulley but it was like $500 or $600, don't remember, I just didn't want to spend the money. LOL

Now I see. You have a really nice auto setup and 4:10's. My shifting owns me.

Yea you really can't beat the auto, its just not near as fun.

Dude your car is sick though. I always compared my car to yours since we had similar setups and I wish I could have got a 129 trap like you. With the new mods your car is in the 10s without a doubt. I looked into the IW crank pulley but it was like $500 or $600..

I paid 423 for mine shipped. From Cushman motorsports. I have to go to 3.0' pulley now and that will still be overspinning it more that I use to. I just can't get more than 13psi out of this thing. I'm pretty sure it might be this crappy intercooler I have.

My best was a 131.89. But that was lower elevation and very cold air. I average between 125-128 depending on the air and elevation of the track. One track I go to is 1200' and other is 500' I go to the 500' one when the weather is cool since it's farther away.

The difference in trap might be because I have a manual which is crappy out of the hole but great at the big end.

I would like your t-trim

Good run. I was just giving you heck about the dog ate my homework thing lol.

Congrats on your runs.:nice:

Did you get a written warning? You are lucky to have gotten 3 passes in before you got booted.

Nothing written just got booted. Like I said I was talking to one of the tech guys and I think thats why I got the extra run. Most of the times they warn you then kick you out the second run.