Finally back to show off my baby

shira_uma

Apr 25, 2005
Kingwood, TX
Hey, remember me? Well I did it! Actually, I did it back in May and have been meaning to get back here, but I got my car, and I am one happy 'stang driver now.

It's a leftover '04 V-6 with Pony Package and the Mach 1000 stereo system. I think someone before asked me how it sounded when I replied somewhere a while ago, and I have to say the thing kicks butt. It gets a little distorted if it's played too loud (too much bass), but all-in-all I'm glad I was "forced" to buy it with the car, because I never would have spent the extra money if I didn't have to, and I would be missing out, the music lover that I am.

Anyway, Just wanted to say hello again and let those of you that helped me before know that I did, indeed, get a car, and that I love it to death. It's getting almost the same mileage as my (former) Neon was getting, so that hasn't been an issue for me (other than what's happening with gas prices in general. WOW!) Took me a few days to get used to the handling, coming from years of driving FWD but I know every inch of the car now and what it's going to do, so my traction concerns from before are much eased. It does slide some on wet roads, but before winter sets in I'm getting a traction bar and a set of snow/bad weather tires, as well as the well-recommended sandbags in the back :p

Here it is. Tell me what you think!?

• Sponsors (?)

zincyellow03 said:
Hey, I remember you. Congrads on the stang. Looks good! Got any plans for it in the future?

Well, the sway bar of course, and I guess I need to do a little research on a meaner sounding exhaust for this thing, lol. GT wheels if I can afford a set, lol. Maybe cold air induction or something to give it a little more horsepower? It's a little sluggish off the line. Need to remedy that. I don't know if I want to do too much more; just a few things like that, but not modify the gas mileage if possible, so I'm not going to be getting too extreme with it.

I'm open for suggestions, though. Haven't really had time to look into anything, so if I do something, it probably wont be until spring. But that gives me plenty of time to plan ;)

shira_uma said:
Well, the sway bar of course, and I guess I need to do a little research on a meaner sounding exhaust for this thing, lol. GT wheels if I can afford a set, lol. Maybe cold air induction or something to give it a little more horsepower? It's a little sluggish off the line. Need to remedy that. I don't know if I want to do too much more; just a few things like that, but not modify the gas mileage if possible, so I'm not going to be getting too extreme with it.

I'm open for suggestions, though. Haven't really had time to look into anything, so if I do something, it probably wont be until spring. But that gives me plenty of time to plan ;)

Catback exhaust & pulleys would be your best bet. Intake will pretty much just "clean" up the engine bay