Finally! Cars at the shop getting exhaust!

Sable

May 11, 2006
Akron, Ohio
Finally got the car in the shop after much anticipation!! The shop is prototyping up a full exhaust from the headers back. Can't wait to get it back. I'm tired of having the car you can barely hear at all the shows. I want heads to turn when I pull in!! I hope they don't have it too long.....

• Sponsors (?)

Same here...kinda. Getting the X and catbacks put on. The mechanic called me over to ask me how I wanted him to take the stock catbacks off. :bang:

I'm crossing my fingers in hopes that this job gets done right.

I'm envious of the prototyping job!

I asked another mod to move it when I realized I put it in the wrong spot. Sorry for that. I got an opportunity for a group buy who do I need to talk to about posting that up properly without violating any rules?

-=NightHawk=- said:
a prototype exhaust? by what manufacturer? and y r u the guinea pig? lol

Stainless Works....why...I help them with stuff on sites etc.
I'll give details if the mods allow me to do so.
We can't wait to see the final work! Missing your car really sucks!!

We might be able to pick it up on Friday. When we do we will take a lot of pics and some video etc so you guys can hear it. An introductory price is in the works and will be posted in a new thread for everyone. Stay tuned for the results in a few days!!

so whats the final word? H or X, both maybe? are they also developing LT headers for our cars? If so, tell them if they can offer a set that does not require removal to do transmission/clutch work, and offer it at a decent price, they would take a big part of the LT market for our cars.

My setup is long tubes, x pipe, turbo mufflers. All stainless 304. No cats.

They say they can do both H and X.
Also, the setup should work for 96 to 04 4.6 2v's.

If you guys have questions, feel free to give Stainless Works a call. They are some of the best people in the business and always go out of their way to help.

Susky said:
Same here...kinda. Getting the X and catbacks put on. The mechanic called me over to ask me how I wanted him to take the stock catbacks off. :bang:

Not to judge but I never understand why people pay money to have exhaust installed... All you need is: Jack, Jackstands, Sawzall, Tools.

You could easily have installed the catback yourself.

The X pipe is even easier. Only headers require nimble hands and patience.

Sawzall will take the stock Catback off easy. I would hope that an exhaust shop would already know that. :(

Pictures

Sorry for the delay but here are the pics!! :)

Attachments

• Car Pic 028 (Small).jpg
    Car Pic 028 (Small).jpg
    64.4 KB · Views: 109
  • Car Pic 030 (Small).jpg
    Car Pic 030 (Small).jpg
    54.7 KB · Views: 106