finally completed the turbo kit

10secgoal

Dec 1, 2003
San Diego
Here they are finally. Everything costed more than I hoped and planned. So the low down is no sway bar,no AC or p/s. the only things as right now I'm not going to include is the oil filter relocation kit and the bonnet. There's nothing I can do with either to make the kit. And it gives the guy an option on what carb bonnet he wants. If low boost, plastic bonnet. Cheaper. Or more for the metal hat if you need more.I need to do some fitting on other cars. But it looks like it's gonna fit 67(to 70, maybe more) and up, mustang and cougar. I have to stop by a few shops that want to see the final product so they can see if they want to carry it in their store or not. And onw started doing articles like how to's, and build ups. Said it stands a good chance to get in a mag, but not sure yet if I want that much publicity or not. Kinda like my job, don't have to pay rent to work on these, and I just don't know if there is a customer base large enough to even quit yet. We'll see. So here they are.
turbo12bb.jpg

turbo22le.jpg

turbo37sc.jpg

turbo46yu.jpg

turbo51cj.jpg

turbo60vv.jpg

turbo72yj.jpg

turbo85az.jpg

turbo95bv.jpg

Attachments

• turbo12bb.jpg
    turbo12bb.jpg
    7 KB · Views: 101
  • turbo22le.jpg
    turbo22le.jpg
    7 KB · Views: 78
  • turbo37sc.jpg
    turbo37sc.jpg
    7 KB · Views: 101
  • turbo46yu.jpg
    turbo46yu.jpg
    7 KB · Views: 91
  • turbo51cj.jpg
    turbo51cj.jpg
    7 KB · Views: 108
  • turbo60vv.jpg
    turbo60vv.jpg
    7 KB · Views: 99
  • turbo72yj.jpg
    turbo72yj.jpg
    7 KB · Views: 98
  • turbo85az.jpg
    turbo85az.jpg
    7 KB · Views: 94
  • turbo95bv.jpg
    turbo95bv.jpg
    7 KB · Views: 85
  • Sponsors (?)

This radiator was a stocker,3 core. And you still a good amount of room. i'd gave to measure to be exact. but you have about 2in with this housing. And just a little less with a larger, not really noticable.

I'm not real up to date on electric fan construction, most of the ones I've seen are plastic. Any concerns with heat due to the proximity of the downtube and turbo housing?

I'm not trying to knock your project, it's pretty cool, just sorta playing devil's advocate.

you can use the heat wrap tape is for. 10secgoal has it on his set up right now over the portion of the pipe that he has going over the waterpump and over the radiator hose.

i'll find a picture of the heat wrap tape and the exhaust

allcarfan said:
1320stang...I was thinking the same thing.

Also...what about heat from the downpipe and the radiator being right there?

Nice looking fabrication.
it al depends on what hes doing with the air the fan is moving. im assuming hes pulling the air through the radiator into the engine compartment in which case it does not matter. hes not recirculating hot air comming off the downpipe.

I got a buddy taht has a pretty long block that it'll be show with. the pics will be taken with ust the motor.
The down pipe..Not real worried about it. That's one of the benefits of SS. It'll retain more heat than mild steel. I wrapped mine in header wrap and it's within .5 inches form a small plastic part and it's just fine. But I don' see too many people getting too close to the Dp to worry. If in doubt, wrap it.

I need to talk to admin to see if I can mention a price. I don't want to cause a fuss or get into any trouble.
I need to start to measure to find how big of a tire you can run with this fender. One of the last things to do. It'll fit that tire there in the pic no problem. But if you wanted to get crazy and run something huge, you could always run a smaller one like you mentiones or a turbo filter.

1320stang said:
I saw heat wrap and thought "Yikes!!!" then when I saw that it was SS felt better. Might offer a ceramic coating option on all the piping (inside and out).

On the filter, are you thinking of making a splash sheild?
Suppose it's possible, but I haven't had any problems, even in the rain. If someone wants to add one, it would be easy. I could add stuff to the kit all day, but want to keep it afforadable. And then someone else can add what they want later.

10secgoal....

If you ever want to market this kit....let me know. PM ME for some info if you are interested. I dont want to get into too much detail on the boards. I just opened my corporation and am always looking for some new products to add. Most of them are fairly unique...

Sorry guys. I was only on the board for a second. I went to a mustang shop to talk to him and jumped online while he moved some cars. Right now the kit is going to go for about 2900-3000. I need to add exactyl what I have money wise in the bends before it's nailed down.

There are some things I thought about doing diffeently with the kit. But this way was the easiest route for install, and cheaper. you don't have to move the battery, starter relay, or alternator. All that stuff adds up when you look at all the other stuff you would have to buy.