FINALLY! getting blower dyno #'s

ok guys im writting all the guesses down to make sure no one has the same numbers. so far so good!

keep the guesses comming!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

and remember the guesses are for the final dyno numbers NOT the ones from the base tune.:nice:

• Sponsors (?)

SAE vs STD vs Uncorrected really doesn't matter, sometimes STD will be lower than SAE, and vice versa - it depends on weather conditions, dyno calibration, etc.

My official guess, for the 3.0 pulley is 568hp/518tq :nice:

I dont think it can happen....STD being lower than SAE that is. STD has its own set of criteria for a "standard" day and it says a standard day is better than SAE says it is. So on any given dyno the STD calibration should give more power or take less away from the uncorrected #s than SAE will.

I have yet to see STD #s lower than SAE. My car only made 476/502SAE but put down 490/516STD. :shrug: Uncorrected will be ALL over due to weather and altitude but gives TRUE RWHP #s with no correction.

well, reviewing the results so far, everyone has me breaking 500rwhp except for one. overall good guesses i think. i hope you guys are right, especially the ones on the higher side! :rlaugh:

anyway, lets keep the guesses comming, i need some more guesses.

not yet, still getting put together. engine and trans went back in the car today. the blower and fuel pumps will be put in over the next 2 days. builder told me the break in dyno will be done fri, sat, or at the latest monday.

those numbers will give a pretty good idea of the final numbers. the final numbers will be slightly higher i think.

we just changed from the ford GT pumps to the dual cobra pumps with wiring upgrade and kb bap. just to let you guys know! i dont think it will effect hp any. however, i will be more limited this way i guess. how far can the cobra pumps go guys?

id like a little room to grow with the novi 2000.:shrug:

So WHY would you do that?????? That doesnt make any since. The BAP will work on the Ford GT pumps no problem and makes for one HECK of a fuel system.

But dont worry....Cobra pumps+ BAP will support well over 600RWHP with 60# injectors. Just the Ford GT way would have supported closer to 800+RWHP before they would be done..

i dont know exactly what the hell my builder was talking about. he said that they needed a different hat for the gt pumps and i might as well use the cobra ones to save a couple of bucks. however, he made it sound like i needed to get other parts which i think would be the same parts (hat) for the cobra too. i dont get it. i just told him to do what he thinks is best.

he said i would be good to 600 but i couldnt go full boost with less then a 1/4 tank of gas now. i wish i told him to stay with the gt pumps but its already done.

i dont know exactly what the hell my builder was talking about. he said that they needed a different hat for the gt pumps and i might as well use the cobra ones to save a couple of bucks. however, he made it sound like i needed to get other parts which i think would be the same parts (hat) for the cobra too. i dont get it. i just told him to do what he thinks is best.

he said i would be good to 600 but i couldnt go full boost with less then a 1/4 tank of gas now. i wish i told him to stay with the gt pumps but its already done.

Interesting...you dont use hats for even the stock 03 pumps. The fuel hose is clamped directly on the outlets of the pumps....same goes with the GT pumps.

ALL you need are 2 12inch long pieces of gates Sr30 R10 hose, fuel injection clamps, four female connectors and zip ties to hold the pumps onto the basket. Bingo GT pumps INSTALLED. The 03 pumps are plug and play wiring, and have rubber insulation so no need for zipties, but otherwise its virtually the same install.
Very strange indeed :shrug:

th GT pumps use the same assembly as the cobra pumps. i know b/c that is what i'm running.

i also did the PPRV delete and ran 8 gauge wire for the pumps today:D

pprv006.jpg

thanks guys, i guess ill ask him about them useing the same assembly to see what he says. however, i guess i settles for the lesser cobra pumps for now. ill be running only pump gas and my target hp range total will only be 600 rwhp in the end, so i guess that is fine. that power range includes of course adding the
p51 and maybe a smaller pulley.

however, for now mods would you care to take a hp guess saleen for the nice prize, lol ?

ok guys i got the base tune dyno numbers today. these numbers are are not to win the contest! they do Not count here, they are just some priliminary numbers.

again, this is because we could only pull the car to 5500 rpm because of the new engine and new clutch.

no more guess will be allowed....................saleengt2001 was the last official guess. this is because my current base numbers might give any new enteries an advantage.

it will be a couple weeks until we get the winning numbers. i will post them in a new thread with the name of the winner!

for now the numbers are 445rwhp/433rwtq on a 5500rpm pull SAE. this was in 100 degree weather....damn it was so hot!

i will post the dyno sheet later once i scan it into my computer.