Finally Going To The Strip.

im running 425rwhp through my lightning maf with 42lb injectors..works great for me! I cant see you needing anything more than a lightning maf

Hey Super, what is up? Aren't you running your MAF in a draw through? I think the things I have working against me is its blow through and its located in a precarious location (not the straightest airflow path, inside the passenger fender).

I cleared it yesterday but it came back after driving forward about thirty feet. Perhaps its not so much a matter of pegging the MAF, it could be that the sensor itself has failed. The wires and connectors were in good shape and I cleaned the sensor out pretty well even though it didn't appear to need it. Maybe the things been overworked and has finally cooked itself out. :shrug:

My only thought is to put a new and better MAF on it and retune. I'm completely open to suggestions though.

Last edited:
  • Sponsors (?)

Didn't want to start a fresh thread. But attempted some diagnosis on the ole' MAF.

I got 12 volts from the power, ground and ecm ground. However, with a cold engine the signal wire is running a 14.3ish voltage. I ran the car up to operating temperature then tested the MAF signal wire and its reading 13.8 at idle. If the motor is revved up it maintains the same voltage. Only varies about .03 volts in either direction. The car is running rich as a pig. Can anybody speculate as to whether the sensor is bad, MAFia is bad, or something else is going on?

The connectors and wires appear to be in good shape. No corrosion, no chaffing.

WMBurns, any advice?

This is my future remedy. Now I need tune money. Taking donations :leghump:

20140930_175231.jpg