Finally got it on the dyno!

• Sponsors (?)

not to hijack ambo's thread, but I beat an 03 Cobra at the track tonight.....twice, with my mongoose kit and 3.73s. All else bone stock. Neither car was driven to its full potential, but a wins a win. :nice:

helty said:
not to hijack ambo's thread, but I beat an 03 Cobra at the track tonight.....twice, with my mongoose kit and 3.73s. All else bone stock. Neither car was driven to its full potential, but a wins a win. :nice:

What'd you run? How are the 3.73's when shifting into 3rd/4th - help to stay in the powerband at all?

AmBo said:
Through an auto? Wtf you smokin' hotmustang?! :shrug: *read sig* :rlaugh: :lol::lol:

Well I got up @ 4:30 that morning, worked a 12 hour shift, and then came home (notice it was 12AM when I posted))...so I guess that explaines it :lol: I had been up for like 20 hours :( .

Man its weird, I was thinking your car was an auto...even looked in your sig a little before I posted to make sure and didnt see jack LOL. I always make stupid posts after I get off work though..12 hours of standing really takes it out of you :nonono: .

helty said:
I know Scott @ VT says not to use his N/A cams for a blown application, that was what I was thinking. If Comps work, then he should be all set.

Iv been in contact with Scott...I think the VT stg 1 s will work well with a blower. Come to find out, they have LESS valve overlap then comps 262s (by like 8*s). VT stg 2s on the otherhand are VERY blower UNfriendly. Their increased durration and tighter LSA really open the valve overlap up quite abit over the stg 1s.

hotmustang331 said:
Iv been in contact with Scott...I think the VT stg 1 s will work well with a blower. Come to find out, they have LESS valve overlap then comps 262s (by like 8*s). VT stg 2s on the otherhand are VERY blower UNfriendly. Their increased durration and tighter LSA really open the valve overlap up quite abit over the stg 1s.
whether it was Scott or Jim, I dont know. This is where I heard it, from the horses mouth.

http://forums.stangnet.com/showpost.php?p=6041688&postcount=33

Just clarifying it wasnt random interweb heresay. If the stage 1's can be used, great. Wont really matter for me anyway :)

Thats Jim...and yea Scott told me the same thing. But I think he is changing his mind.

One guy @ MPH put down 440RWHP with an ICd novi 2000 @ 8PSI, 10*s of timing (SUPER low) and A/F was off the chart rich (< 10-1)...oh and VT stg 1 cams. :) Thats some CRAZY power with such a SUPER conservitive tune...there is a good 50-60RWHP left in the tune alone.