Finally got some paint on the car!!!

After just over 2 1/2 years combined of working on the car between physical therapy I am finally starting to see the light at the end of this tunnel and can actually smell the open road ahead, ahhhhhhh.

This is actually just the base coat and it is very dusty and dirty here. What we decided to do was paint each part off the car and just throw the fenders and doors on for travel as it is coming back to my house today. I couldn't wait and started to bolt the Shelby end caps on while they were doing that. Once I get the rest of the body panels on, the interior in and convertible top and engine installed they will take it back to the shop for a final assembled color spray, clear coat and final color sanding. Then I get to put on all my chrome trim and finally be back on the road. Since I wanted to do most of the reassmbly work myself he thought this was best as he assured me that no matter how careful I am that I will F up some of the paint and this way I won't have to live with that. I plan to work on it everyday for the rest of this month so that should be enough time and my custom 17" magnums are due to arrive in 3 weeks so that should work out perfect.

In the shade the car has a real Graphite look to it and it only shows the steel blue metallic when the sun hits it giving it that Gunmetal look I have been wanting. I know it won't be everyones taste but I all I can say is the pictures do not do the color justice, it is really sharp in person and keeps with the more restomod theme my car has evolved into since the accident.

New_Paint_002.sized.jpg

New_Paint_003.sized.jpg

New_Paint_004.sized.jpg

New_Paint_001.sized.jpg

• Sponsors (?)

'Bout time!!!!

Will you still do a hood accent like the Mach 1?

Dan, i happen to know for a fact that he is still planning on the mach 1 style blackout. i've been trying to talk him into doing a satin/semi-flat charcoal gray color forever though and i think that would look especially awesome with this particular color and the brushed stainless/aluminum interior accents he is planning on. maybe i should bug him about it some more.

'Bout time!!!!

Will you still do a hood accent like the Mach 1?

Look who's talkin bare fiberglass boy. :D

I plan to add the Mach 1 hood, black out tail panel and either GT rocker stripe or mid body stripe still yes, that willcome with the final paint and prep after I get it all back together, car is getting dropped off in about 15 min.

I have been thinking it over though a little. I'm not to sure I like Bryan's idea of doing the mach 1 style only in gray but I have been rethinking if some type of silver might not look better but I think I'd have to a 70' style center stripe for that. I wish they made a flat 69' hood with a 67' Shelby style scoop and then I would have done silver in the LeMans stripes instead. I was thinking maybe something like that Quick Silver they used on the new Shelby Prototype, we'll see though, Plenty of time for that and some photshoping once I get it back together and running.

i've been trying to talk him into doing a satin/semi-flat charcoal gray color forever though and i think that would look especially awesome with this particular color and the brushed stainless/aluminum interior accents he is planning on.

Bryan, you mean something more like this? Don't think I'm digging the combo to much but it could be do to all the junk on this car too.

209966291_21c237bda7.jpg

Bryan, you mean something more like this? Don't think I'm digging the combo to much but it could be do to all the junk on this car too.

209966291_21c237bda7.jpg

yeah similar but matte paint instead of glossy. you could vary the shade as well from a silver to a darker gray or even a browner color like titanium. lot's of options to go with, doesn't have to be that exact shade of silver.

it would kinda have an industrial look that would look good on your car with that color and your planned interior brushed aluminum stuff.

to help tie it in even more you could paint the insets of your magnum style wheels the same color, so i'm thinking one of the darker shades.