Finally installed some export side mirrors

Chythar

Recently finished repairing my rear
Dirt-Old 20+Year Member
Aug 26, 2004
Foothill Ranch, CA
I managed to find a really good set in Japan and finally got around to installing them today. I do not know if these were painted or if this is the original plastic finish. All I know is that they make my old mirrors look horrible in comparison, and my paint, too! Check 'em out below.

Here's side-by-side shots of the left and right mirrors. You can see the finish difference, much better. This export set does have some scratching on them, but not bad at all. The mirror themselves are almost blemish-free, and the motors work too. The shine below is BEFORE wax.

export_mirror_left_compare_1.jpg

export_mirror_left_compare_2.jpg

export_mirror_right_compare_1.jpg

export_mirror_right_compare_2.jpg

These next two show one of the mirrors installed, and how it folds. I doubt I'll ever need to fold them, but I like how they look. Also, don't mind the paint - it only looks all hazed like that in the right light and at a certain angle. Not bad for 17-year old paint, but I do admit the mirrors make the rest of the car look kinda shabby.

export_mirror_left_installed_1.jpg

export_mirror_left_installed_2.jpg

• Sponsors (?)

Just did a bit of searching on export mirrors on Google, found this link to brand new export mirrors:

Speed Concepts - MIRRORS9498EX - 1994-1998 Mustang EXPORT folding mirrors kit/pair fits all Mustang GT/V6/Cobra

If the photo is correct, export mirrors have the same finish as ours; which means my set was painted black. Lucky me. Also, got my mirror set a LOT cheaper than SpeedConcepts is selling theirs. I wonder if they will ever sell their set at $679.

They will... just not to me.

Whats the difference between those and 03/04 cbra mirrors?

Dunno if I like the gloss black. It doesn't really match the surrounding trim and stands out IMHO.

No real difference that I know of, except these are designed to fit the 94-98 cars. The 03-04 Cobra mirrors will need to have part of the bottom trimmed.

Those look great, they are painted for sure.

03 Cobra mirrors do not look nearly as good, once you see the lip that has been mentioned.

Those new ones for $600 will sell, for sure.

I have imported 4 sets in total now for members on SN95Fourms if you ever need a set feel free to send me a PM, the total cost is in the $350-500 range though.

I cant wait to get mine on this spring:

mirrors1.jpg

Here is a example of the lip

100_1381.jpg

Vs export:

DSC_0174-1.jpg